Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of tape do you use to hold the light on the rear window? My light is falling and pulling down on my headliner.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Since the high brake light assembly is attached to the headliner, I'm afraid that as the saying goes, as the headliner droops, so goes the light assembly. Are you sure that the (approximately 4 ) trailing edge headliner retaining pins are pressed upwards fully ? Or, it could be that one or more are damaged an unable to be pressed up to secure the headliner as designed.

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since the high brake light assembly is attached to the headliner, I'm afraid that as the saying goes, as the headliner droops, so goes the light assembly. Are you sure that the (approximately 4 ) trailing edge headliner retaining pins are pressed upwards fully ? Or, it could be that one or more are damaged an unable to be pressed up to secure the headliner as designed.
I bought the car in September and they fixed the headliner i think it’s just the foam tape around where the light attaches to the window that is giving me the trouble.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually I just watched a video of someone replacing the third brake light and it looks like my problem is the pins.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
You are somewhat correct there. The plastic surround portion of that light assembly that contacts the glass, actually has/had/came with a narrow black (very spongy) piece of foam glued to "its" edge That glued on strip helped eliminate any of the lights illumination from escaping out into the cab (instead of all of it passing back thru the glass to the outside). That stuff does dry rot over time (I know that for a fact). Obviously it can be fixed once you locate a new piece that has the width an depth desired along with its inclusive adhesive applied along with its protective peel off strip. It would be tedious an slow going to remove any portions still left, then clean, then reinstall a new piece (once the light assembly has been lowered enough to work with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts