Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post up you pictures along with specs. Im lookin into 20x9 27mm wheels and I'm just trying to get an idea of how much they will stick out.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
I've had 19x9.5 ET28 and 20x10 ET30... need to roll the fenders and add a little camber. I ran 275's so they didnt rub, I had a bit with 285's. I think it would look odd without rolled fenders and might stick out a few mm.

·
Premium Member
4,896 Posts
Here is my Drag setup which is a similar offset on a 9in rim. 18x9 30mm with a 265 tire

It sits exactly in the same place as my street setup which is a 20x10 43mm with a 285. No rubbing at all with rolled fenders and bumper bracket relocated...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Damn, I need to do the bracket relocation, I don't think mine stick out any further than that! Any pics that show the tire to fender a little better yetti? Like rear or looking straight down the fender?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
135 Posts
Post up you pictures along with specs. Im lookin into 20x9 27mm wheels and I'm just trying to get an idea of how much they will stick out.
With those wheels the protrusion compared with the stock 8 inch rims with their 48 mm offset fitted with 245 tires will be:

-with a 245 width tire ... an extra 21 mm futher out
- with a 255 width tire .... an extra 26 mm further out
-with a 265 width tire .... an extra 31 mm further out
.......and so on.

You can easily measure this out on your car with stock 8" wheels and stock 245 stock tire size and see where the top edge of the tire will be with the new wider, low offset, 9" wheel.

The edge of the new rim itself will protrude out an extra 34 mm compared with the 8" rim because you are running a 27mm offset instead of 48mm and you have an additional half inch of rim each side of the wheel with the 9 incher ( 1/2 inch plus 48mm - 27 mm = 34 mm or 1.3 inches approx). This means the outside edge of the wheel rim itself will most likely sit right at or just beyond the outside the face of the rear guard.

Even with a 245 tire on the new wheels you are going to have to roll the rear guard lips on your car to get clearance in the rear.

If you are after a 9 inch rim I would not be looking at an offset any lower than +35.

·
Registered
36 Posts
willtheyfit.com

go nuts.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
20x10.5 with 275, all corners lol 30offset front 33rear

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.