Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a lot of research on here about drone with this system before purchasing it, and from what I read most people were just concerned with the noise that comes along with the DOD doing its thing.

I installed this system this past week on my completley stock GT, and I can't believe how bad it resonates between 1800 and 2000 rpm. Is this common with this system? I do notice a separate drone when the DOD is on, which I can live with, but this resonance is so loud that I hear it over the stereo cranked past 25. At highway speeds the engine is turning right about 1900 rpm so with any slight increase in load I get an assault of booming resonance in the cabin. This is coming from someone who has had very loud cars their entire life too. Volume doesn't bother me but this bassy resonance is aweful.

Just want to compare with others using this same system, if this is common is there anything I can do to quiet it down? I'm considering laying down some dynamat in the trunk but I want to be sure this will make a considerable difference before I buy a ton of it. Thanks.

·
Registered
542 Posts
tune it with the superchips cortex and it will be gone.............

·
Banned
7,067 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
A friend was going to hook me up with that 16795 system for $634..... but if the drone is worse than me corsa dB black mufflers then I might not do it.... Too bad I wanted the extra hp....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts