Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went and took a test drive on a 09 g8 gt today. First time ive gotten to drive a g8 and well im in love :driving:. Everything was perfect, car was in good shape ,felt great driving, low mileage 35,535, it was only 15 minutes from my house, but the dealership is asking 27,000. I figure i can talk em down some but even so i can find one with more mileage for far less coin. how much do you guys think they could be talked down or should i just look elsewhere?

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
You could ask for $24,000 if they are willing to let go (the point is to get a deal near free but is not going to happen). Is hard though, is all based on the area and how much demand are for them.

As far the price, seems about high average for this car.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Seems kinda high for that car, agree with the others about 24K being more realistic. I would not pay anymore than that unless the car had like 12K miles or something like that. There was actually a Silver one here in Florida (Tampa) that just sold recently (after being on the lot 2 months) for 27K, it only had 2500 miles on it, lol. I dunno what the story was behind that car, but it was basically a new car, it was a 2009.5 with the Bluetooth. Do you know if the one your looking at is a 2009.5? Easy way to tell is if it has bluetooth and the cup holders in the fold down rear armrest.

·
Registered
301 Posts
"..could be talked down or should i just look elsewhere?"

Suggest you take both paths, Nate 91, as $27K seems too much. You didn't mention how it's equipped. If you're not familiar, you should know there are only three factory options for the GT: (1) Premium Pkg = leather seats, leather on steering wheel & shift knob, (2) Sport Pkg = upgrades from the standard GT 18in. wheel to the 19" bright Alum wheel (mostly w/summer only tires) & bright trimed pedals and (3) Sunroof.

You can look at CARMAX as an example. Today they list nine 2009 G8s in their nationwide inventory with only three being GTs:
- Met.Grey with the Premium Pkg and Sunroof options; 24K miles; $24,995 (Dulles VA)
- White (only standard equipment listed) no options; 61K miles; $20,450 (Nashville TN)
- Red with Premium Pkg and Sports Pkg options; 60K miles: $22,599 (Garland TX)

I'm very familiar with the first one listed as I sold it to CARMAX Dulles on 05 Jan. Their wholesale price to me was $20,000 for an ultra clean GT. Bet that's close to what dealers pay wholesale across the country.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys. I did some more looking around and I found some other options. Theyre gonna require some more driving but i found a couple with similar mileage but in the 20-21 range. The one I said in my original post was loaded with everything including sunroof but thats not too important to me.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Where at in Northern In? I live in Granger.I bought mine last year and paid 24,200 with 27,500 miles. GT with premium/Sport. I'd have to agree with everyone else, start low around 24 even and go from there. Depends on how bad they want to sell it and how bad you want to buy it on where you settle. It's only worth what you're willing to pay for it.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Check out the Chicago area on cars.com, I'm looking at getting a G8 GT in the spring and there are some good options around here. Naperville has a silver 2009 for $27k w/ only 16,500 miles. Mattesson, IL has a 2008 for $24k w/ only 13,000 miles

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just found a Stryker Blue 09 in Indy, completely debadged with some ligher tint. Anyone know if a forum member just got rid of theirs in that area?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just bought a 2009.5 with 43000 miles, white with leather and sunroof for $21800 gm certified on the south side of Chicago. The car was a one owner car and in great shape. The car in Naperville IL. that dmarple80 talked about is in great shape except for a lot of parking lot dings in the paint, but the dealer would not go below 26500, and I was a cash buyer. There are some great G8's out there in the Chicago and northern Ind. area just keep looking. I took us 3 months to find the Deal that we wanted.

·
Registered
126 Posts
There is what looks to be an awesome one for sale on the board right now! It is in MD, but I would travel or have it shipped in a second for the right combo of miles and price! I have LR, but my next choice would be SBM for sure!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Just bought a 2009.5 with 43000 miles, white with leather and sunroof for $21800 gm certified on the south side of Chicago. The car was a one owner car and in great shape. The car in Naperville IL. that dmarple80 talked about is in great shape except for a lot of parking lot dings in the paint, but the dealer would not go below 26500, and I was a cash buyer. There are some great G8's out there in the Chicago and northern Ind. area just keep looking. I took us 3 months to find the Deal that we wanted.
Congrats.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just bought a 2009 GT w/Sport + Premium and 29500 miles for $23,500. Bought in Chicago. Dealer has a red GT w/same options a few more miles and same price.

·
BOOOOOOOOOOST
702 Posts
As much as I like to see the value of these cars staying up... These dealers are nuts. Wouldn't go below 26.5 for a CASH buyer? Lolwut???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well guys thanks for the input but because of some issues that have come up my g8 purchase will be on hold for awhile. Gotta start looking for something a little closer to 10g to tide me over for another year or so( then ill be back for my g8) looks like ill be looking at the other holden export!

·
09' GT Liquid Red
92 Posts
I'm in the Chicago area and looking to trade mine in on a truck. Love the car but I really miss having a truck. 2009 GT with 59,000miles. Loaded with sunroof and red/black leather. Have a winter wheel/tire set as well. One dealer offered me $15,000...I just about punched him in the face and walked away! I know it has high mileage...but c'mon!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm in the Chicago area and looking to trade mine in on a truck. Love the car but I really miss having a truck. 2009 GT with 59,000miles. Loaded with sunroof and red/black leather. Have a winter wheel/tire set as well. One dealer offered me $15,000...I just about punched him in the face and walked away! I know it has high mileage...but c'mon!
I had a dealer offer me $14,500 for my G8 V6 with 60k miles. Sounds like the dealer you were talking to deserved a wake up call. :)

·
Registered
444 Posts
I got lucky, the dealership I got mine from belonged to a family member of the salesman. They wanted to put the price of it at 26 but he said keep the price under 24 to get it out. With my trade in I got it for 18.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
About this Discussion
20 Replies
15 Participants
[email protected]
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing