Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
custom ground 223/231 @.050 on a 114 LSA approx.610/.615 lift

With DOD delete, CNC ported heads, 3200 T/C, N/A

Thoughts? I don't know shizzle about cams.

·
Registered
147 Posts
That thing will be a beast! looks good

·
Registered
590 Posts
Sounds similar to Ricks, and his is making some really good power and times.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
239 Posts
Basically a vms 1.5 cam just 114 instead of 116+4

Should be same duration

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
460 Posts
sounds like it will perform about the same as vms just a little more low end grunt and maybe a little lopey idle.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds like it will perform about the same as vms just a little more low end grunt and maybe a little lopey idle.
YES! :driving:

·
BOOOOOOOOOOST
702 Posts
If you don't know anything about cams, talk to a custom cam grinder.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This cam was speced for me and my future goals. Wanted opinions.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
223/231 is a really good mild cam and works fine with the solid intake valves with good springs. If going with boost in the future I would go with a touch more exhaust duration like 235.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
223/231 is a really good mild cam and works fine with the solid intake valves with good springs. If going with boost in the future I would go with a touch more exhaust duration like 235.

Well, we are deleting DOD and going with hollow valves, new springs, etc. So should I go with another cam?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I removed the part about a supercharger in the future. I can always change the cam when I come to that. Right now I want maximum performance while keeping some kind of street manners for date nights and road trips.

·
Registered
544 Posts
The 223/235 113 +1 is the cam I have and love it!!!! About to boost it soon!!!! :driving:

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well. I went back and talked some more. I said lets cam it for NA for now and I'll just cam swap again when I boost. With that said he suggested "We could custom grind you something in the low 230's intake duration and high 230's- low 240's for the exhaust. Somewhere around 234/242 ish on a 113 LSA". Which seems to put up some big numbers so now I'm worried about street manners. I'm reading somemore about cams and checking out dyno sheets as well as sound clips. dyno numbers are all over the place and peoples cameras suck for sound...lol. I feel like I'm going into this blind(and deaf). I hate paying money not knowing what I'm going to get. I really appreciate all of your input.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Anything more than 227 intake duration will need more than 3200 stall to be optimum. 227/235 will make big #s and will still be street able(which is a relative term lol). 223/235 will be real street able, make good #s and be boost friendly down the road.

·
Advanced Member
1,202 Posts
I have yet to see someone out-power a 223 cam with .600+ lift with a L92 on a 6.0. I would run a 112 or 113LSA if you want to make power.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts