Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I am wondering what your opinions are of the pacesetter LT's? I think I recall someone local installing a set on their G8 so I wanted to get some honest feedback on them. I know most prefer Kooks but I'm not really interested in dropping that much on a set of headers. Not really going for a max build or anything extreme. Maybe a mild cam down the road with other bolt ons... Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
one of the locals did get them and from me and i installed them , but he sold his G8 and hasnt been seen in a while :(

rust is relative to the environment , and not getting the coated headers

if you are interested in getting some let me know , and ill give you the prices

·
Registered
364 Posts
Mine started leaking and had to have them fixed. There were two pin hole size leaks coming from their welds. I have their coated LOng tubes, performance wise, I could tell a nice difference after the tune. I'm still pleased with them but if I had to do it all over again, I would recommend saving up some money and getting kooks. You get what you pay for. Just my experience.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
we would have replaced the leaking one

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've had them on 2 dif LS vehicles. I have no complaints. They are worth every penny IMO.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
one of the locals did get them and from me and i installed them , but he sold his G8 and hasnt been seen in a while :(

rust is relative to the environment , and not getting the coated headers

if you are interested in getting some let me know , and ill give you the prices
Please pm prices. That's who I was hoping would chime in but doesn't sound like he'd be active if he sold it. Do you know if he ever dyno'd the car?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
far as i know it never got dyno'd , or hit the track , weather and him selling happened along the same time

·
Registered
364 Posts
we would have replaced the leaking one
That would have been nice, but not quite worth the hassle/head ache of taking them off sending them in and then installing the new one. Good to know though! Maybe if another starts leaking which I hope that doesn't happen I will. Thanks

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
That would have been nice, but not quite worth the hassle/head ache of taking them off sending them in and then installing the new one. Good to know though! Maybe if another starts leaking which I hope that doesn't happen I will. Thanks
i agree with ya , sometimes the best thing is the quickest solution

the nice thing is the G8's are easy to install and remove , some cars are a royal pain

drop me message if there is a issue later on

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
i do know that donarm is running them and with bolt ons/box tune (cortex or something like it) ran 12.9 at the track. so they seem to perform well.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
They fit great on a g8. I helped with the install and everything went pretty smooth. I have pacesetters on my tbss, I picked up another 3 mph in the 1/4 with the pacesetters and a retune.

·
Registered
264 Posts
WHATS UP!!!!!!!!!! haha hi guys long time no see! Promotion at work has be busy as all get out. Yes yes yes I had to sell my G8 as my commute is like 60 miles a day round trip and I just couldn't stand doing that to the G8. So... with that being said I'm actually debating on whether or not to pull the trigger on the 2015 SS when it comes out and make it my garage queen like you Rhett! HAHA. How has everyone been? Oh btw the pacesetter LT's were awesome! No leaks ever and the car never made it to a dyno unforutnately. But Matt might be buying it so it will be close enough for me to go steal it and play around again! :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Had mine on for about 6 weeks, loved the gains that I got from them. You can check out the thread I posted on my experience. Very satisfied with them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
From everything I've read, the pacesetters rust fairly quickly. Not sure how they stack up performance wise.
I have had mine on for about 40K miles and I have zero rust issues and mine are the painted ones not the coated.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Love my pacesetters. But... Must blast crappy factory coating off and do professional ceramic coating. Even the armour coat they have sucks. I blasted mine a had Cerakote ceramic sprayed in titanium color. Look great and will not rust for many many years.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts