Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems I have a loose connection with the throttle body and the wiring, however the clip clearly still works, but if I wiggle the connector the issue goes away till the following few days, so I've identified the connection there is the issue, but the problem is, how do I go about fixing that? Buy a new terminal and rewire it? I would prefer to not have to buy a brand new throttle body due to a loose connection however lol

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
If you're absolutely sure it's the connector, then a new one can be purchased. Cut off the old harness and solder the new one its place. Rock Auto has two connectors listed for the G8 V6, one being an AcDelco and the other Standard. Could merely be a shortage in the wiring harness.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gave the plug a good look over, turns out it was indeed the plug, and a little bit of 'electronic connection cleaner' (See note: Brake cleaner) after giving it a very small amount and letting sit and dry, and putting the plug back in, it started up smoother than it has in months, go figure. Codes went away and the issue is resolved, thanks again Pony man!

·
Premium Member
4,652 Posts
CRC makes a QD Electronic Cleaner that is "safe for sensitive electronics". You're welcome

1 - 4 of 4 Posts