Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I cleaned out my throttle body today, and as luck would have it I messed up it’s calibration and it threw a P0507 code. I tried the 3 minute idle in park and 1 minute off procedure and it did not re learn the idle speed. I am wondering if this is a cheap and easy fix or if I have completely messed it up.Can any shop with a snap on scanner or any suitable scanner device be able to force a re-learn and get me going in the right direction?

·
Registered
272 Posts
When I did that to my G5, there was all kinds of fixes....flash new tune in vehicle, 3 min idle thing.

NONE work on my G5..... so I just kept driving her and about a week later all returned to normal :)

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
How does the calibration get messed up? I've fiddled with the throttle plate before, peering in to check for build up, and didn't observe any ill effects.

·
Registered
532 Posts
If the T/B was really gummed up and the pcm learned a value for blade position compensation,a tech2 can relearn that.that value is stored in the pcm, unless you created a vacuum leak realized by high short/long term fuel readings

1 - 4 of 4 Posts