Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of half used factory Bridgestones on the rear of my car and need to upgrade to something better..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDA3tJo-tkE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

It was 35 degrees out, but the roads were perfectly dry..

I considered running DRs full time, but I do a lot of highway driving and don't race the car that much, but the traction like in that video just isn't cutting it. I'm thinking about buying an extra pair of sport wheels to match the set and use for track/fun days. The cooper RS3-As I had on the car previously would chirp 2nd gear and 3rd every once in awhile, but spinning all the way into 3rd is just ridiculous lol.

Anyone have any suggestions for a drag radial in 245/40/19?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also considered throwing a pair of GT 18s on for drag radials, but I don't see anything in the stock 245/45/18 size. I've found a few in a 40 series, which I suppose isn't a bad thing giving me a little better ratio in the rear.. Is that typically what you guys run for DRs?

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
18" DR you can run MT 265/40 if needed.

I don't think any 19" DRs exist that fit the stock rim. MT makes the street comp that would fit though.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
NT05 isn't a drag radial though, but it gets good sticky reviews. Just low tread life, as you would find with a DR.

NT05R is a DR, but I don't think they make DRs in 19". I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Rawyzf

How do you like the MT Street Comp's you had on your VMR's? I need new tires for my 19" M310's and are looking at these, the BFG Comp-2's and Nitto NT555's

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Rawyzf

How do you like the MT Street Comp's you had on your VMR's? I need new tires for my 19" M310's and are looking at these, the BFG Comp-2's and Nitto NT555's

I like them a lot, I kept them and plan to put them on the rears of my new wheels. I am trying to decide to get them for fronts as well, or save $100 and get Cooper RS3-S.

NT555s, last forever, but traction isn't great after a few K.

Can't give any input on the BFGs.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
The 265/40/18 mt do very well on the street and will even out to about the same size as the factory 245/45/18.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Yeah, I saw on MT that the 265/40/18 are 26.5OD. 245/45/18 is 26.6, so your OD is basically the same. Most of the 265/40/18 are 26.3 or so.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just bought a set of 18x8 drag wheels off a board member. Since there's a lack of options in any DR size on a 17, 18, or 19 that's 8" wide, I guess MT it is. Xplicit runs the same 246/40/18 tire on their h/c procharged car, so I have no doubt I'll hook just fine ;-) Thanks for the input guys. I'll post some pics in a couple weeks of how the setup looks when everything arrives and gets mounted.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally got it all put together. The first 4 I took before the car settled. The last one was after I drove it for a few miles. They hook great on the street, I could barely do a burnout on dry pavement.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts