Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First- does anyone have a set of winter tires / wheels they want to part with? I'm going to DD my GT this winter, and the Yoko's I've got don't have a great winter pattern.

Second- Come spring, I'll be in the market for exhaust, possibly headers. I'm trying to get a feel for what sort of $$$ outlay I'm looking at, so I'm wondering if anyone who has done these sort of mods can give me a ballpark on the cost outlay. Ego aside, I'm not made of money, but I have a little disposable income from month to month and I can set that aside until spring to pick up the parts I want. I'd just like to have an idea on what sort of cash I'll need to have on hand when it comes time to order.

I've got access to a shop with a lift, so install shouldn't be an issue for bolt on stuff. What I'm looking for is bang for the buck. I'll likely do the mods around April / May so I've got lots of shopping time.

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Can't help with winter tires, I'm looking for some myself.

I spent about $2000 for the full exhaust (Long Tube Kooks 1 7/8", catted x-pipe) installed ($1600 parts and ~$400 labor to install)…. but I went with the premium USA made setup. You can probably do the same with cheap foreign made parts and do your own install for less than $1000 if you are willing to have some exhaust fabrication work done to make everything fit nice. You will need a tune after this though

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Check craigslist....search g8 snow tires....answer is there for 500

Not mine...saw em thr other day

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm going to try the Homelink install. Picked up a rolling code unit from Ebay for $22, found the DIY thread over on Grrrr8. Time to practice my crafting skills...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts