Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many on here have done it and how do you like it if you did? My headlights are vinyl wrapped in a dark smoke shade (not really black) so I am thinking of doing the tailights with VHT. Not overly dark and I almost never drive this car at night anyway.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Far worse to remove than tinting…. Both of my cars have the tails with VHT and I wish I just got a heat gun and tinted them with vinyl. If you have the V6 tails it could work but the clears on the GT won’t come out right.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Organism Happy Gesture Event Magenta

"Part Out!"
Opens envelope - "what happens after tinting taillights or headlights"

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You geniuses with your memes are hysterical... If done properly and with moderation tinting of headlights/taillights looks great and is done thousands of times on cars way more valuable than our 12-yr old G8's. I'm a middle aged former Army officer who loves his '09 and have never done any mod, appearance or performance, that has degraded its value in the eyes of anyone who has ever seen it.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I'm not anti light tint, I'm anti your suggested methodology. I have light smoked film on headlights and taillights of my cars. It gives the look you want AND it provides protection to the lenses.
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive side marker light Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Land vehicle

·
Registered
780 Posts
" and have never done any mod, appearance or performance, that has degraded its value in the eyes of anyone who has ever seen it."

Did you ever consider they were being polite ?

·
Registered
498 Posts
Pragmatically, these cars aren't made anymore, so why muck up stock parts with VHT that will be a PITA to remove if you don't like it. Just tint it, it protects things better anyhow. Tint gets scratched? Re-tint. VHT scratched? Wet sand, prep, spray again and hope it matches.

IMO don't go too dark, lest you give the police another reason to stop you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts