Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Care to share how you went from FPFQ to really nice looking mod?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After you spray them let them cure and get a spray bottle with water and start with 1500 or 2500 grit wet depending on how rough and sand until when you rise the taillight and spray it the water sits flat on the surface and doesn’t sheet water this means you’ve reached a point to where the surface is flat after that use 3000 grit wet once you got all the heavy scratches out from the heavy sanding dry and use a compound by hand or machine I buff cars on the side so I used my machine

·
Registered
100 Posts
Looks good!

I just picked up a 05 G6 GT to drive thru the winter so I can store my G8. The tail lights were poorly tinted so I removed the tint. Lacquer thinner and some good old fashioned elbow grease and they came out looking like new. After removing with thinner, I cleaned them up good and used some Mequires compound and polish.

Just a fyi in case you decide to go back to stock. You probably already knew that but I was just throwing it out there. Enclosed are some pics...
IMG_20190804_185230.jpg
IMG_20190804_185230.jpg
IMG_20190804_185239.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you and yes I did know that brake cleaner also works.. you’re g6 taillights almost look they were plasti dipped or someone did a very poor job with VHT

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think they used the VHT spray. It was so bad that there were huge runs in it. It looked terrible.

Yours came out looking great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
rockinlespaul
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing