Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'm (almost) asleep-at-the-wheel at a red light coming home from work (via Mexico). I'm in the middle lane of 3, lots of cars behind me and to my left, but lane to my right is open for some reason. I wonder idly what will pull up and then doze off again. Something pulls up and light goes green.

The "something" is red with sporty fenders and starts to roll into the throttle. My first impression is: "C4... is he trying ?". As he gets a length ahead, I see it's a C6 vert... and he hammers down.

I'm flat footed in 2nd gear (M2), so I just floor it to see what happens. He is now 2 lengths ahead and fully on the gas too. I stop his pull and I can see his eyes in the side mirror. Looks like he is "WTF ?!... why am I not gaining ?". Then I start inching back on him. I can tell I would pull him back if we had more room, and I think he can tell too. But it's rush hour traffic so I drop throttle at about 65 mph.

Next light, too much traffic to talk, but I see a questioning look on his face. Pretty sure he was stock with maybe an exhaust. Obviously this was all over very quickly, but it's nice to run something worthy, even if it was only 4 or 5 seconds worth.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
I'm confused when you say "I'm sound asleep". I was thinking you were in the passenger side of your seat or something. Then later, I thought you were actually sleep drifting in the middle of 3 lanes. The asleep part throws the story off.

After I got past that part, pretty funny race making the vet guy confused. That's the same expression motorcycle guys are giving me when I out run them.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haha... I see what you mean. I'll edit it a bit.

·
two lane black top
1,549 Posts
hahaha. i love it wait til you come across him on a wide open road... ooooooooooooooooooooo, so goood!

·
There was one?
2,310 Posts
That's the same expression motorcycle guys are giving me when I out run them.
Ah ha! I see your new number in your sig.....congrats! :eek:hsnap1:

Nice story OP!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts