Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if you hit a gnarly pot hole, does the "bulge" form in your tire right away or can it take days to emerge? i hit a crazy bad pothole at freeway speeds, bad enough to jolt the whole car. short time later the dealership noticed a huge bulge in my front right tire. replaced it. then, like a week later, i didnt remember hitting any potholes and the back right tire had a huge bulge in it. do you think this was from the same pothole? (im the 18" stock wheels btw)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Sounds like a separation in the construction of the tire. We see it all of the time in the OTR tires when a customer hits something with their tire. Of course the bulge can be bigger than a basketball with the size of tires we deal with.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yup definitely from hitting the pothole. Happened to me before. I would replace the tire asap!! Don't want a blow out!!

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
its called an impact break in the sidewall, they'll eff you up shortly after they appear.

·
Administrator
4,922 Posts
As these guys have said a bulge like that can be dangerous as it could blowout any time. And blowouts like to take inner fenders and rear bumpers with them when they go so better get it replaced ASAP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.