Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2009 G 8 GT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not hitting the turn much above the speed limit last week, all at once all (4) of the tire pressure sensors faulted and remain dead on my 2009 GT.
Solution?

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
Buy 4 new ones. The batteries only last 8 to 10 years. If the system doesn’t detect one, it shuts down. Amazon has 4 for under $40.

·
Registered
2009 G 8 GT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey GT Drew, thanks, and stuff does happens with 11 year old cars.
Not hitting the turn much above the speed limit last week, all at once all (4) of the tire pressure sensors faulted and remain dead on my 2009 GT.
Solution?

·
Registered
3,904 Posts
I look at it this way. When you wear out a set of tires. You replace the valve stem. Tire is over $100. It’s under $10 for the valve and sensor. You never regret being Cheap Now. It’s always later.

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Be sure to purchase genuine AcDelco tire pressure monitoring system sensors and not cheap Chinese knockoffs. By the way, "stuff" happens with/to brand new vehicles.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Usually 1 fails at a time i have replaced 2 on my GT. My v6 still has the originals.

·
Premium Member
4,692 Posts
Batteries last 10 years. If one goes the rest are sure to follow.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey GT Drew, thanks, and stuff does happens with 11 year old cars.
I had one fail on my 2009 G8 Replaced just the one and will replace the rest soon with new set of tires. Everybody is rite on target with fact that they have batteries and their life is 10 years and they are designed so you cannot change batteries due to the sensors being sealed. It does require reprogramming. I bought mine on EBAY.I had same thing on my Ford Escape 10 years old

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Am relatively sure the original tire pressure monitoring system sensors lasted around ten years before randomly acting erratically.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
I had another one go dead last night.
Guy who invented this crap is killing himself laughing

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Noticed this thread was started in the forum rules/guidelines/faq section...interesting. Tire pressure monitoring system sensors are just another idiot light people have to contend with on a regular basis. Some will ask what does that light on the dashboard mean or completely ignore it altogether. Reply it monitors the tire pressure and have you read the owner's manual.? Then they'll either say no or what/where is an/the owner's manual? SMH

1 - 16 of 16 Posts