Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately when I start the car and after the car goes through the system check mode the tire pressure screen show up on the DIC. This happens about every third start. Any ideas? Car runs great otherwise. TIA

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Check your tire pressure?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tire pressures are spot on and that is not the screen on the DIC when I shut the car off.

·
Capital City G8
1,555 Posts
Had it happen again today. Tire pressures are in the good range and no low pressure indication.

·
Premium Member
4,506 Posts
If, when the screen you talk about *is* the one showing the 4 tires and their psi positions on the car, does that DIC display stay on that display after showing up ? Also when this *is* happening, are there any words or word displayed prior to (I guess defaulting to) digital speed readout ? Or, do you have tap thru the rocker switch to get back to the speedo readout ?.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Did you recently install a bluetooth enabled OnStar box? That's when I started running into the TPS display sometimes appearing during startup.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Did you recently install a bluetooth enabled OnStar box? That's when I started running into the TPS display sometimes appearing during startup.
+1
I had this happen a couple times after installing my costar Bluetooth unit and thought it was just a fluke. The first time I was confused and thought maybe I left it on that screen. It stopped after a couple days and haven't seen it since. No warnings or errors and had to cycle back through to the digital speedo.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, the screen with the 4 tires and their positions.

I have had a WAMS Bluetooth retrofit for a number of years.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So do we attribute this to a "quirk" in the system and just scroll back to the speedo? Not a big deal if that's what we have to do. Thanks for the feedback. At least I know I am not the only one with this quirk.

·
Premium Member
4,506 Posts
The action that takes place after these switches (scroll and push) are actuated, is way beyond me. But it shows that they (push or scroll action), causes a change by repeated pecking or scrolling by some type of pulse counting. Each switch works within a specified resistance range. The *trip* button sensed range is 975ohms minimum to 983ohms maximum (very tight working window). The repeated pecking or rolling of any switch, signals that a different screen, or function, is requested and needs to take place.
I see that the "tire PSI screen" is the *2nd push* signal sent out to the I/P (using the trip button). Since it seems to be happening to members that have a specific type of add-on electronic device, its like *it* has the ability to replicate a 2 push *trip button* signal. An does it at random times at that.
Then again, this could be a "I'm lost, an don't know what I am trying to say" condition. But if this is understandable and possible, there might be a member who is an electronic sharpshooter, that can devise a fix for this (working within that ohm range window).

·
Capital City G8
1,555 Posts
It happened to me before and after I had my Bluetooth programmed by WAMS. It goes from speedo to tires.

·
Registered
682 Posts
+1
I had this happen a couple times after installing my costar Bluetooth unit and thought it was just a fluke. The first time I was confused and thought maybe I left it on that screen. It stopped after a couple days and haven't seen it since. No warnings or errors and had to cycle back through to the digital speedo.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
+1 here.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Another +1 with a Costar box. Happens every few drive cycles.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 18 of 18 Posts