Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any tires that anyone would recommend. For a all weather, performance tire? If anything like that even exist. I'm currently doing my research on a nitto tires.
Help me out guys...

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT
49 Posts
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 Plus is what I run, very happy with them, including in light snow, heavy snow I use winter tires.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
+1 on the Michelins for performance

Side note: Have the older A/S3s with only 12k miles on them and they are down to 6/32s (one is below 5/32). So half done and probably have to pull them at 20k. I'm an easy driver too. The new A/S 3+ suppose to have improved tread wear but I still see complaints in the TR forums on fast tread wear for the + version. So don't believe the tread life mileage claims. I don't put many miles on my 3 vehicles so will hit the 6 year life limit before the tread wears out.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Michelin AS3+ is a great tire. The other great choice is Continental DWS06. I'm running the DWS06's and love them.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Pirelli here,

GT has P Zero plus all season because it is out in the cold spring and fall.
GXP has P Zero summer ,but they are a tire are not to be driven in the cold as they can be damaged.
Very pleased with both

·
Registered
49 Posts
Which Nittos are you researching? I ran NT05's on my formula for a while. They're sticky and I didn't die when I drove it in the rain but that's about all I can say about them.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
My A/S 3s are half done at 12k miles. So when my Michelin truck tires cracked at 6 yrs and Premier A/S on another car were only so-so, gonna move the Conti DWS06 to the top of the list. Not feeling like paying the premium for Michelins anymore (the truck and Premier replacements were not Michelins).

As the current A/S 3s wear down, they are bound to get noisier (as all tires do). Depending on how I feel about the noise, I might go with grand touring tires (Vredestein Quatro Pros at the top of that list).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts