Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I am sure you have plenty of things on the list to do already, but would like to make a request.

It would be a great option to be able to apply the TM setting only to the sport / manual mode and leave regular mode stock. Or allow a different % by tranny mode.

Thanks for all the updates coming out.
That's not supported by the TCM OS the multiplier that is changed is a global setting for upshifts; it cant be set by mode. What they COULD add is a shift feel setup though per mode. Hope I'm not stepping on any toes here just figured I'd help out :)

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
That's not supported by the TCM OS the multiplier that is changed is a global setting for upshifts; it cant be set by mode. What they COULD add is a shift feel setup though per mode. Hope I'm not stepping on any toes here just figured I'd help out :)
Helpful input is always appreciated :)

·
Father of Twins
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
What is being done by other tunes then that offer different % by mode, are they adjusting the "shift feel" you mentioned?

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
What is being done by other tunes then that offer different % by mode, are they adjusting the "shift feel" you mentioned?

Main thing I am looking for is to remove some of the harshness when cruising around town, but keep my 50% setting when I have that need to hear tires chirp.
More than likely nothing other than line pressure or some other parameter giving it the feel but not changing TM.

·
Registered
88 Posts
data acquisition tool

Ok I've learned how to pull info from my tuner and view it on my computer but what can I learn from it and what are all of the abbreviations in the tuner.The instructions don't provide any info on the subject so whatever you have to add will be helpful.Thanks in advance.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
More than likely nothing other than line pressure or some other parameter giving it the feel but not changing TM.
It's posts like this that make me think your bias towards your tune, lol.

With the Cortex, Torque Management is adjustable by Shift Torque.

With Shift Torque value set to 100% (Superchips Value), Torque Management is completely removed on the upshifts.

If the Value is set to 50%, then the amount of Torque Management is halfway between the stock value and off.

The range of Shift Torque is stock to 150% in 25% increments. Anything over 100% will lower the Torque Management on downshifts.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
It's posts like this that make me think your bias towards your tune, lol.

With the Cortex, Torque Management is adjustable by Shift Torque.

With Shift Torque value set to 100% (Superchips Value), Torque Management is completely removed on the upshifts.

If the Value is set to 50%, then the amount of Torque Management is halfway between the stock value and off.

The range of Shift Torque is stock to 150% in 25% increments. Anything over 100% will lower the Torque Management on downshifts.
I'm well aware of how its adjusted i'm the guy who found that parameter in the OS in the first place and implemented it when I was doing the trans cal at the place that had it first :)

What I was getting at was is THAT parameter isn't adjustable per mode; its global so making it adjustable per mode isnt possible thats all.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
I'm well aware of how its adjusted i'm the guy who found that parameter in the OS in the first place and implemented it when I was doing the trans cal at the place that had it first :)

What I was getting at was is THAT parameter isn't adjustable per mode; its global so making it adjustable per mode isnt possible thats all.
Thanks for clearing things up my friend :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts