Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
One of them OGOC folks
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm trying to do research on what's needed for the CTS-V upgrade kit, more specifically the rears. I'm looking at the 2nd gen rears, yellow in colour. I'm not initially worried about the functionality of the parking brake, what with my auto trans and relatively flat driveway. Further down the road I may want/need to do what's needed to make the park brake work again, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. I'm also looking at CTS-V rotors, rather than the Camaro ones.

So my question is, do I need the Squash brackets to make this setup work, or do I not need them? Looking for definitive answers, from those who've done the install on their cars. Whether their parking brake works isn't necessarily relevant for my initial install.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Unless you go with the DBA rotors made for the HSV which are slightly smaller in outer diameter. These don't require the bracket or a modified brake shoe for the parking brake, but do require the pads to be trimmed where they overhang the rotor.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The 4 piston Brembo calipers will fit on the knuckle of our G8's. It's the rotor size that determines the need for a squash bracket. Camaro and CTS-V rotors are larger in size and require the use of a Sqash bracket. The camaro caliper and I'm sure the CTS-V caliper too will fit WITHOUT the use of a Squash braket when using the HSV rotor. You will also retain the use of your E-brake too with this set up.
Like what was said, the pads hang over the rotor slightly and will have to be trimmed.
I have done the HSV rotor/Camaro Caliper conversion without the use of a Squash bracket and retained my E-brake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts