Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I finally got to put her on the dyno. I really wanted to see what Ricks tune did to the power of the car, and I can say I like the results. Now I need to get her to the track!! Here are some pics I shot, and video of my car on the dyno. I met Brian (Blue-Mayhem) really nice guy. I felt bad for having to leave before his dyno run, but I had a project I had to finish for school. Plus there was a **** ton of people there, and I didn't want to take chances of getting my car hit. Numbers I got:

HP: 319.8 rounded it down for some reason to 319
T(ft): 335

I was told this is not bad numbers for a mustang dyno. Still want to put her on a track and see what I get. Can't believe I've never been to a track before. In fact after my first pull, the guys doing my dyno pointed to the screen and looked surprised.
:gears:

Brian's Car (Blue-Mayhem) Love the look of SBM. Wish I could of seen this beast in action!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I get home and find that somehow my SLP tips melted my diffuser...:banghead:

I wonder if it happened while on the dyno??

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Video!

Third Gear Pull

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fourth Gear Pull

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Seems really low for your mods, but hey it was hot and muggy today. Track will tell! Hopefully I'll see that thing in action next time I go down there.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems really low for your mods, but hey it was hot and muggy today. Track will tell! Hopefully I'll see that thing in action next time I go down there.
Zodiac,

You think so? I don't really know the difference with dyno's besides knowing that a mustang dyno is a load dyno or something like that. The guys up there said I would of put down 360-380 on a dynojet. I want to get her to the track soon so I can figure out how all that works. Then after the wife starts work again I will be getting my intake and throttle body done by rick. Then well see how well the NC guys influence me into a cam and heads.

·
Registered
97 Posts
It's going to read low... It's a brand new all wheel mustang dyno. Mine read really low too, but I had a few issues too.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I ran into some tuning issue, but it put down 503rwhp and 659rwtq @5800... Should have went to 6400 rpm in 4th gear and also it was running rich. Anyways Rick fixed it and I will make it back some day. The torque looks weird... It should have been probably @540, but it spiked up at first.

Text Paper Pattern Pattern Design

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
It's going to read low... It's a brand new all wheel mustang dyno. Mine read really low too, but I had a few issues too.
Yeah sorry didn't read the whole post, missed the Mustang dyno part. Yeah seems to be on par for what it should be.

And damn dude your car is putting down some serious numbers right now...

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good number Brian. Sucks you had some tuning issues, luckily Rick stopped by. I read up on the differences between the Mustang and Dynojet. Looks like a Dynojet will add roughly 12% more than the Mustang dyno produces. Can anyone vouch for this, or is this all internet talk? So I would be guessing our number would be:

Brian (blue-mayhem) 503*.12 = 60.36 or 563.36rwhp

Chris (Xero_G8) 320*.12 = 38.4 or 358.4rwhp

I've read to calculate rwhp to flywheel hp you divide by .70...I've also read you take 20% idk which one is more accurate.

soooo

Brian 563.36/.70= 804.8 do the 20% method and it is 676.032

Chris 358.4/.70 = 512 do the 20% method and it is 430.08

Yes, I am rambling. I have no idea if any of these figures are accurate.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Good number Brian. Sucks you had some tuning issues, luckily Rick stopped by. I read up on the differences between the Mustang and Dynojet. Looks like a Dynojet will add roughly 12% more than the Mustang dyno produces. Can anyone vouch for this, or is this all internet talk? So I would be guessing our number would be:

I've read to calculate rwhp to flywheel hp you divide by .70...I've also read you take 20% idk which one is more accurate.

soooo

Yeah that sounds about right... because the guy Omar there said it would be @60rwhp more on another dyno. Not really sure about flywheel calculation though, but that sounds about right too... Well your numbers look pretty good also. We'll have to all meet up at the track soon to see what she'll run.

·
Registered
395 Posts

Since it's apparent that the tips made contact, not just melted from ambient heat, I wonder if the mufflers didn't get pushed up from the bottom while rolling off the dyno (or onto, if the car was hot from the trip to the tuner). It can be an ugly process with ramps etc and something might have scraped or pushed on the exhaust from underneath. Is there a lot of play with that axleback? I'm not familiar with the system and if it uses stock hangers or not.

·
Registered
226 Posts

soooo

Well our cars are supposedly 361 at the crank from the factory, and ive seen quite a few stock dynojet runs showing ~ 310 at the wheels, thats only a 14% loss

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Since it's apparent that the tips made contact, not just melted from ambient heat, I wonder if the mufflers didn't get pushed up from the bottom while rolling off the dyno (or onto, if the car was hot from the trip to the tuner). It can be an ugly process with ramps etc and something might have scraped or pushed on the exhaust from underneath. Is there a lot of play with that axleback? I'm not familiar with the system and if it uses stock hangers or not.
Well it is a custom flomaster system I checked the hangers and everything seems firm without a lot of movement. I wonder when they strapped the car to the dyno if it didn't move them over?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well our cars are supposedly 361 at the crank from the factory, and ive seen quite a few stock dynojet runs showing ~ 310 at the wheels, thats only a 14% loss
Hmm interesting point spikito. I know there is error in all of these calculations. Just wish I knew what so when someone asks "how many HP this thing got?" I can give them facts and not speculation. Well as Troy, and many other track guys would say. Put it on a track and get real numbers.

·
Registered
524 Posts

Well now you could always get a gxp diffuser. Sucks that it melted though.

·
Registered
97 Posts

Chris I found my old GT diffuser in my garage that I will give you... It's in pretty good condition if you want it. Just let me know and we can try in meet up somewhere sometime.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Chris I found my old GT diffuser in my garage that I will give you... It's in pretty good condition if you want it. Just let me know and we can try in meet up somewhere sometime.
Are you sure Brian? That's really thoughtful man. I would surely take it off your hands. I would be willing to give you some cash, or buy you a case of beer of your choice.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Are you sure Brian? That's really thoughtful man. I would surely take it off your hands. I would be willing to give you some cash, or buy you a case of beer of your choice.

Yeah it's just collecting dust in the garage... If you want to get me a 12 pack of coors light that would be cool.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts