Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with summer in full swing and most of my business travel being out of state, I got tired of getting weird looks from other sports car drivers when I would try to race them...or just being looked at like another G6 or something. So, I slapped on my Solo axle backs while I wait to get all the parts to put on my Hooker Max Flows.

To be honest, it is loud as...well, you know...yeah, loud. And aside from some heat shield rattles and some resonance over a couple hundred RPM, it sounds sweet inside and out.

Now, the side effect...lol. I put it on to "bait" more cars into giving it a go. Well, I think they must think I have a hardcore built machine now. I was tooling along not on the throttle when a guy in a C6 came up and gave me the throttle blip. So I dropped it down and it hit it for a second. His smile disappeared and he had a look of disbelief, then drifted back and wouldn't come back up...happened a couple of times...and the the truth is, that C6 might have got the best of me anyways, even if it was stock...

On a side note, the driver side tips aren't lined up in the opening, kind of touching, and I think contributing to the resonance I hear. I don't really see any way to adjust them into position?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
throw a deep socket with an extension on the metal hangers and bend them for the tips to line up

·
Administrator
4,924 Posts
Yeah that C6 may have still got ya. My car is good for a consistant 12.9 in the quarter and 12.8 on its good runs and although I did give a stock LS2 C6 A6 a run for his money through the first 2 gears once I was in 3rd he just kind slowly eased on by. But who knows your car may run a little better than mine.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah...and one of these days someone will call my bluff...better get a cam and heads soon...who am I kidding? I just bought a house...lol.

·
Registered
249 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Oh... "I've got a fever, and the only cure, is more cowbell!"

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
I like what I'm reading . I just worry about cops( I'm in suburbia and cops get bored) and pissing off my neighbors. I wanna go louder then the normal after market exhaust but can't decide what way to go. Wanted e cuts but to many issues with em.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts