Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello so ive changed the top mounts and now they are making noises squeaking etc when turning l/r should i replace with new ones again or just try other brand or just the bearings?

Also new struts etc.

Ive changed them with monroe brand i was gonna try kyb.

Any thoughts? thank you.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hello so ive changed the top mounts and now they are making noises squeaking etc when turning l/r should i replace with new ones again or just try other brand or just the bearings?

Also new struts etc.

Any thoughts? thank you.
You could try putting the new original equipment back in

1. They just fit.

2. They are quality brands like Monroe, Pedders, KYB when you trace it back that have been tested for years before and during manufacture of the car and have to meet the car warranty requirements.

·
Registered
2009 G8 GT
584 Posts
Get these, this is probably the top pick of most of us.
Super Pro, Front Strut Mounts w/Bearings, Polyelast - G8Only.com - Stop Being Slow

·
Premium Member
9,480 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,480 Posts
You're welcome. Cannot recommend.

·
Registered
138 Posts

Also new struts etc.

Any thoughts? thank you.
I posted about same issue a couple of weeks back. I'm guessing it's the aftermarket bearings that I installed causing the noise. I bought some pedders bearings and greased them up pretty good. Haven't installed them yet but hopefully it'll take care of the noise.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Rubber mounts do vary in quality, but in the end they Always Fail. The Superpro is the most durable with stock height and close to stock rubber feel.

·
Premium Member
9,480 Posts
There's a set of the SuperPro mounts in the parts for sale section. G8 Parts Stash Clean Out

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
Make sure the spring mounts are clocked properly! Notches toward the center of the car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts