Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Gee, I noticed that the UTE is so hideous that Ford built theirs to look almost identical! Strange how that works, eh?!:wink2::pir_flag:

·
The Lucky Country
9 Posts
Except the ford here looks like 2 lego bricks stuck together.. The Commodore Ute has really nice flowing lines.. The fact that it is so high at the rear from factory makes it look a little odd.. but once its lowerd it looks very nice

:sick:

·
I miss Pontiac & G8 ST
510 Posts
Yep, I'd even settle for the Falcon Ute shaped like 2 Lego bricks with it's live rear axle as well.

No Ute for you! (Soup Nazi voice, from Seinfeld) :(

·
US Ute whore
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Funny how over here we'd kill to have either. Although what I REALLY want is an FPV F6 Wagon. I'd be the happiest guy you'd ever see driving one of those with the 6A...
It looks like you would be heartbroken on that as well. Ford doesn't even build a wagon version of the current Falcon. Unless you count the Territory. Most people say SUVs are just tall wagons.

Yep, I'd even settle for the Falcon Ute shaped like 2 Lego bricks with it's live rear axle as well.
I'd buy an XR8 model & piss off Lightning owners. :p

·
I miss Pontiac & G8 ST
510 Posts
ARRRGGHHHHH, torture. Must .... restrain .... self ..... need .... Ute .....

BTW those are the wheels I want for my GTO (the front Ute). Gotta save my $$$. :)

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
easy fellas, those trars or crucks or whatever you wanna call them are OK I suppose, but lets be realistic....I think Australia would trade us all of 'em to have a few msrp vettes sneak down under...no comparison really.

or vipers

or SRT10 pickups

or GT500's

we got better cars in the states

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
easy fellas, those trars or crucks or whatever you wanna call them are OK I suppose, but lets be realistic....I think Australia would trade us all of 'em to have a few msrp vettes sneak down under...no comparison really.

or vipers

or SRT10 pickups

or GT500's

Yeah, but we still don't have any UTEs!! And a few of those wonderful cars you mentioned are either on their last legs of existence, or are already dead (out of production)! Seen a 2010 Viper listed at the Dodge web site? Or any other 2010 for that matter? Having better cars is subjective. All depends on what you want, and can afford to pay!:wink2::pir_flag:

·
US Ute whore
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry, saw these two together yesterday and couldn't resist torturing you more..
You're a cruel, cruel man.

or vipers

or SRT10 pickups

or GT500's

I don't know about all that. We get some good stuff, Australia gets some good stuff, Europe gets....turbo FWD econoboxes. In fact, a few Corvettes are making their way to Oz. But, not for MSRP, & not through GM directly. An importing company can get any of those cars into Australia, but that's only half of the fight. Next, the company has to convert the car to RHD. Australia does not allow LHD cars in the country for personal use. I suppose we come out on the better end in regards to that. At least we could import the Aussie cars & drive them in RHD configuration. :D

Oh, I almost forgot, FPV just introduced a couple new limited edition models. http://www.fpv.com.au/news/press-releases/document.aspx?ID=3302

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

or vipers

or SRT10 pickups

or GT500's

The only reason that would be the case is wanting what you can't have. But the Maloo is faster, better handling, and more capable than the SRT10 Ram. The GT500 is comparable to some of the tuner Monaros they have over there. Vipers and Corvettes? Maybe. But I doubt it, because a ute is basically a coupe with a bed. Plus, the Viper is a toy car, the great part about a ute is you can use it for everything, and haul ass in it. We get similar stuff here in trucks, but they're way more money and way bigger.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts