Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the best total headlight replacement for my G8 GT. Contributing factors such as looks, price, fitment and dealer. Any and all input is appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Since I'm a stock type person, I can't really help much. You would have to rely on the feelings of those that have made some level of change out there. OEM from GM sources, would cost about $431 with a 1 year warranty. A company with a TYC brand for $306 with a lifetime warranty. A company with a *Action Crash* name brand for $260 warranty unknown. Spyder brand name with upscale versions of the OEM headlights, for about $320 to 380 (I guess, based internal color etc) with a 1 year warranty. It sure would be best to look at, an study all companies that make and supply G8 headlights, not knowing how tricky/fancy you might want to get.

·
CCG8 Member
1,599 Posts
I'd say Spyders or having custom made headlights (the internals in the housings upgraded/replaced) are about the only non stock looking options.

Rockauto carries the TYC replacement housings for about $115 a piece, they are identical to stock.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I like matching cat eyes to paint color or the ones you can change but you have to open them up for that.

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
Have had decent luck with aftermarket headlamps on various vehicles over the past few years. However, found it nearly impossible to get some vendors to disclose what actual brand will be shipped due to them carrying a wide variety of manufacturers. Currently having issues with oxidation on both of them and miss the old glass enclosed Xenon (now LED) headlamps that were far less inexpensive, but sure lasted a heck of a lot longer.

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
OEM left can be had for $175.19 new. Right side for $236.94.

I'm curious about the quality of the TYC lights as I'm planning on doing a retrofit. That or do a retrofit of the Spec-D Audi R8-style headlights.

Example:

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
If you want easy plug and play, stay o.e. If you're willing to spend money, get a set of Spyder or Spec-D lights and have them PROFESSIONALLY retrofitted with high quality Morimoto projectors, then run either a high quality HID kit (TRS) or LED (Opt7). The optics in the aftermarket lights are garbage. I personally run retrofitted Spyders with HID, but if I were to do it over today I'd probably go with Spec-D with LED.

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
OEM left can be had for $175.19 new. Right side for $236.94.

I'm curious about the quality of the TYC lights as I'm planning on doing a retrofit. That or do a retrofit of the Spec-D Audi R8-style headlights.

Example:

That looks awesome. Where can I get those spec-d's?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts