Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to get my car towed from my house to the dealership because my shift linkage broke or the neutral safety switch went out. Well the tow truck driver said he couldnt tow it, he needed a flat bed because its a front wheel drive car. I told him that it wasnt and he argued with me, made me look under the car and showed me what he said was the drive train. Im no mechanic so i didnt argue with him too much and i even started to think that maybe i was wrong because ive only had my g8 for 2 months. He even said that he has towed hundreds of pontiacs and they are all fwd cars and that the gto was awd. He left and it really had me questioning what i thought i knew....BUT I WAS RIGHT AND HE WAS WRONG! :turbonaughtdy_1: Damn tow truck driver.

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
He needed a flat bed anyway because there isn't enough ground clearance on a G8 to tow it with a hook. It's a good thing he was an idiot because otherwise he would've damaged your car.

·
Yep, that just happened..
5,024 Posts
^^^ I agree. This is one instance where being ignorant actually saved your car some damage.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
No , you where right all along. Its rear wheel. If you have a smart phone ,I would a searched it up and showed him. Or hell ,isn't it stated in our manual . Didn't know about the ground clearance thing . Good to know.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Lol, how did you not know its RWD?! JK, always trust your instincts.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He wanted to put it on jacks actually but his jacks were broken so thats why he said a flat bed. I think either way if he touched my car i was doomed lol

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I didn't think they still used regualr tow trucks. 100% of our tows are done with roll back. There is only one company I would trust towing my car though. They do all our caddys and vettes and whatnot.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I always have people doubting my car being RWD, so then I light that rubber up and problem is solved, although in your case I guess that was hard to do.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I've lost count of how many times I've made people look under the back of the car to see the rear diff. Sometimes you can convince them just by pointing out the hump in the rear floor. Others you still have do a burnout to convert their small minds.

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
You're all wrong! I would have told him "thank you very much but your services are no longer required" and then got a DIFFERENT tow company to come out. I wouldn't let that stupid ass NEAR my car with ANY kind of tow truck! God only knows what he could fuk up.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
You're all wrong! I would have told him "thank you very much but your services are no longer required" and then got a DIFFERENT tow company to come out. I wouldn't let that stupid ass NEAR my car with ANY kind of tow truck! God only knows what he could fuk up.
This....

·
Registered
197 Posts
isn't it stated in our manual . Didn't know about the ground clearance thing . Good to know.
People laugh at me, but every car or motorcycle I've bought, I read the manual cover to cover. Its best to keep up on what can and can't be done. Never assume.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Get the G8 fixed, go to the company, have the driver come out and lay some black marks in their lot.

·
IdontRe Member
631 Posts
A great idea if you're still in High School but is also a waste of gas and rubber, and all for an idiot of a tow-truck driver.

·
Super Moderator
4,911 Posts
A great idea if you're still in High School but is also a waste of gas and rubber, and all for an idiot of a tow-truck driver.
....and personal satisfaction of course. :gears:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Believe it or not, it was a chevy/pontiac roadside tow company since it was still under warranty. Thats who chevy sent me. I feel bad for the 1000's pontiacs that the guy said he had towed before. He ended up calling for the flat bed but it took another 2 hours for it to arrive. The towing company was called Steves towing just fyi.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
The second the tow truck driver said the car was fwd I would have been like yeah thanks anyway I'll call someone else.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts