Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed out 2 of my tpms sensors due to 2 of them going bad. I ordered as per vehicle recommendations. The tpms are 315mhz. When I went to do the tpms relearn as per manual.....it didnt do anything. None can be calibrated. Keep in mind 2 of them are still good.
Any insight on this problem? Please lmk Thanks.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
What position are those 2 new sensors installed at ? What method are you using to program the sensors ? If the sensors were installed at a location other than the left front, an this is where you are starting the program, maybe that sensor is a goner. You can start the re-program anywhere you want an in any order you choose. The RCDLR doesn't know, or care where you start. It just has to be in the correct sequence *IF* you want the DIC display to be correct. If you can get the re-program underway passing the first selected wheel, maybe you'll be able to locate which one(s) have a problem.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What position are those 2 new sensors installed at ? What method are you using to program the sensors ? If the sensors were installed at a location other than the left front, an this is where you are starting the program, maybe that sensor is a goner. You can start the re-program anywhere you want an in any order you choose. The RCDLR doesn't know, or care where you start. It just has to be in the correct sequence *IF* you want the DIC display to be correct. If you can get the re-program underway passing the first selected wheel, maybe you'll be able to locate which one(s) have a problem.
Yes. The left front was one new sensor. Left rear was the other. I used the relearn procedure as stated in the owners manual. I've done it before a few years ago. Just didnt work this time. As of yesterday the other 2 tpms was showing up on the engineering mode. That's how I knew which ones to change.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I’ve gotten 4 dorman sensors for a truck from a reputable source and 2 were doa but hopefully that isn’t your problem.

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
What brand of sensors did you purchase? Also, the batteries are only good for +/- ten years and although new could be too weak to communicate with the body control module. Alternatively, would locate a reputable tire shop with the handheld calibration tool and see if they have any luck. Using the factory relearn method sometimes necessitates quite a bit of air being released from the tire and usually takes "awhile" for the sensor to register.

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Are yours the big or the little ones. My car has the original sensors, and after about 35 minutes to work in the morning, all of a sudden I loose the connection with the sensors. The reconnect over night. Rotate your tires with the 2 good sensors on the front. then re-try. I'm putting the new part # 13598771 ones this weekend

·
Registered
106 Posts
I got these off of Amazon almost three years ago. I had Discount Tire mount them and reprogram them. Price is only $14.99.

ACDelco 23445327

·
Registered
33 Posts
the batteries are only good for +/- ten years and although new could be too weak to communicate with the body control module.
We're coming up on this same problem. Finally changed out the original 10 year old battery and started having phantom error messages displayed including TPM sensor messages. We'll be getting new tires within the month and will have either new TPM sensors installed or batteries changed (if it's possible) in the original ones. Which route should I go? I'll post a separate tire suggestion in another thread. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,524 Posts
Unless things have changed, the batteries in the sensors are non-serviceable and the whole sensor has to be replaced.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts