Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who are interested in track vids even without Pontiac content, here are the highlights of my day last weekend with ProAutosports at Arizona Motorsports Park outside Phoenix. Had good fun with some very evenly-matched cars, including a BMW M coupe, an E36 M3, an ex-Bondurant instructor Crown Vic with a Roush-installed SN95 SVT Cobra drivetrain and massive brakes/suspension (aka the car the Marauder should have been), a turbo'd Acura NSX, an R32 Golf, maybe some others I'm forgetting.

Car is a 1992 Mustang notchback, full interior, working A/C, weighing 3425 with me in it. 260 RWHP, 13-inch front brakes with Carbotech pads, Maximum Motorsports K-member and front coilovers, rear torque arm and panhard bar, and Koni's all around. 255/40 Hankook R-S3 street tires and a best observed lap time in the high 1:56's

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
I was thinking of going, but it's pretty far on the other side of Phx for me. And I wasn't sure I could pass the DB check. Looks like a cool track though.

·
Cars are my hobby...
1,610 Posts
Really nice lines. I noticed you were catching cars just because of the lines. I'm pretty amazed, it seemed like you could pass people anywhere. The last few events only have specific spots to pass in.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, good lines make for higher corner exit speed, and that can close some pretty significant power gaps ;) If you can just exercise a little more patience than the guy in front, turn in later, apex later, wait a hair longer to get on the gas, while he's handicapping himself by doing the opposite, you can often slingshot out of the corner way faster than they can.

This was the Green (Advanced) run group, and like NASA's HPDE4, it's open passing, with courtesy. No contesting corners, but it's not unheard of to be 2 or 3 wide in a corner.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
A friendly criticism of video.... too many pixels wasted looking at the inside of your car. Because of the fish-eye effect ? Better to see track than car interior until somethings really interesting is going on inside.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had it mounted there because I like to be able to review what I was doing with the controls, and that's a more stable location than others I've used that accomplish that with a wider view out the windshield. However, now that I've discovered that Youtube will fix shaky videos on request, I'll be taking advantage of that with other locations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts