1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
Awesome have fun! I'd love to do this but got other things I need to spend money on first. Can't wait to see your videos.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
Pics?
Vids?
Beuller?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pics?
Vids?
Beuller?
Coming soon! Another hour and it will be uploaded and I'll post the link. Only got a few minutes of my second session. I skipped the first session due to rain; they put me in the Black group (Advanced) where I was supposed to pick up an instructor on the grid. None was available so I soloed and didn't turn the camera on. I drove the car without really hitting WOT throttle much as I shredded a serpentine belt in April and was concerned I was putting too much load on it. Sure enough during my second session I went to pass a car and went WOT and the belt shredded after shifting into 4th gear. I stop the vid right as it happens. Coasted into the pits and put a new belt on but decided to call it a weekend and come home Saturday. I'm going to have to go to an 8- or 10- rib setup.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I;ll be doing the one in the fall and at summit point.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Looks like fun. Thanks for sharing. I hope to have mine ready for track time here in the next few months. Maybe I can do the Aug. event, but not sure yet. More likely might be the Nov. one.

·
Premium Member
4,847 Posts
At least the weather broke for ya. Looked like a nice day. Bummer about the belt. Need to find a bullet proof one.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks like fun. Thanks for sharing. I hope to have mine ready for track time here in the next few months. Maybe I can do the Aug. event, but not sure yet. More likely might be the Nov. one.
Sounds good!

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
Sounds good!
Won't be able to run with yours by then, but hopefully well on it's way to getting there eventually :gears:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Won't be able to run with yours by then, but hopefully well on it's way to getting there eventually :gears:
Sounds like a trip to Rick's is in your future!

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
I figure this out real quick with Rick. Money talks....if your serious about it and have the cash, he'll make time.
Going through a refinance and improvements, but could manage the cash. Last communication I had he sent me a list of stuff. I replied back with a few questions but hadn't heard back. Figured he's been really busy, and with the house stuff going on, figured I'd wait until that was done before getting in touch again. Looking to do something similar to your setup on first pass, except with a slightly milder Lunati cam. Not really looking so much to drag race the car (although I'd sure like to now and again just to get some idea of gains from mods) but mainly wanting a track car that I can have fun with at VIR and similar venues. Looking forward to doing my first HPDE after the work is done and car is settled. I'll probably get hooked, and then the $ spent on mods to the car will end up paling in comparison to what it will cost me in the long run to have fun.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Going through a refinance and improvements, but could manage the cash. Last communication I had he sent me a list of stuff. I replied back with a few questions but hadn't heard back. Figured he's been really busy, and with the house stuff going on, figured I'd wait until that was done before getting in touch again. Looking to do something similar to your setup on first pass, except with a slightly milder Lunati cam. Not really looking so much to drag race the car (although I'd sure like to now and again just to get some idea of gains from mods) but mainly wanting a track car that I can have fun with at VIR and similar venues. Looking forward to doing my first HPDE after the work is done and car is settled. I'll probably get hooked, and then the $ spent on mods to the car will end up paling in comparison to what it will cost me in the long run to have fun.
Yea that's definitely doable. That was kinda my mindset going into it and I still want mine to be versatile so I can do some events at vir and drag race. I just now got to the point where I've got some decent rubber that I would feel good on at the road course.

But we are closing on our house this week and funds have been tight to say the least. I will join you and Doug up there one day soon!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
That's ME!
4,022 Posts
Nice! Looks like fun! Looks like you were moving really well out there. :driving:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice! Looks like fun! Looks like you were moving really well out there. :driving:
Thanks very much! Learning to be smooth! The fact that I was concerned about the belt breaking helped me focus on being more smooth and not relying on hp so much which should help me in the long run. It was a fun time even if I only got a session and a half!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts