Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Proud OGOC member!
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this footage from my first lapping event this year and didn't know what to do with it. When in doubt...start a new thread! :burnout:

I have 5 more planned this year so will post videos as the events pass but would really like to see other Canadians out ripping it up. Autocross or road track, anything goes as long as there is a G8 in there somewhere, filming or being filmed.

I will start off with my event this past Friday. I had some tire issues that I raise in the MCO Lapping May 24 2013 video - any advice would be great.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Very nice! Thanks for posting! The rubber coming off may just be debris from the track that your tires pick up and then sling off. Looks like tire worms from what I could tell.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I was thinking the same thing about the worms. But WTF...you get black flagged just for touching the edge of the track?

·
Registered
472 Posts
I plan on autocrossing the G8 at least a couple times this summer in Brampton, ON: http://wiredmotorsports.com/pitl/ - I ran the Bonneville GXP once too. I'm not very good yet, with only maybe a half dozen days under my belt, but learning every event still.

I usually run the Civic Wagon in this series. It's held by Miata guys, and so is much tighter and technical. Keeps you on your toes no matter what car you're driving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts