Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there people after doing some bolt ons including a 3000 stall my traction is non existing off the line. Now other the drab radials is there anything else to help with my traction issues or am I stuck having to leave my traction control on. To give you an idea on how much wheel spin I'm getting, its spinning the whole first gear into second.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea that's what i was thinking, just can't myself buying them seeing how i don't race often at all. Btw how do you load your picture on your signature?

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Yea that's what i was thinking, just can't myself buying them seeing how i don't race often at all. Btw how do you load your picture on your signature?
I updated it after I got another board member to get a new picture from our last car show and after I ran at the East Coast Shootout at Darlington when i ran a new fast time. Why do you ask, is it not showing up properly?

·
Registered
596 Posts
I think he wants to know how so he can do one. I think i hosted my picture to photobucket and then put the
Image code in the signature settings.

Op, do you have suspension work done? I do not have a stall, but i assume some suspension could help. Also i assume you need to learn the sweet spots between spinning and moving.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I updated it after I got another board member to get a new picture from our last car show and after I ran at the East Coast Shootout at Darlington when i ran a new fast time. Why do you ask, is it not showing up properly?

Well I've been trying to add my picture to my Sig and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
I think he wants to know how so he can do one. I think i hosted my picture to photobucket and then put the

Op, do you have suspension work done? I do not have a stall, but i assume some suspension could help. Also i assume you need to learn the sweet spots between spinning and moving.

Well I've been trying to add my picture to my Sig and can't figure out what I'm doing wrong
Yes, Like Chris said, photobucket is the easiest way. Upload the image, edit to proper size, and copy the image code and past it into your signature block (User CP- Edit Signature)

Suspension may help with traction some but just FYI im on stock suspension. I honestly think its more about the tires and surface conditions than anything else...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

No i don't have any suspension work done and yea I'm sure your right about finding my sweet spot. I don't drive the car but maybe twice a weak and even then I'm mainly just cruising around town. But regarding the picture issue am i suppose to click on the yellow square Cause when i do the option for a url pops up but without options.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
No i don't have any suspension work done and yea I'm sure your right about finding my sweet spot. I don't drive the car but maybe twice a weak and even then I'm mainly just cruising around town. But regarding the picture issue am i suppose to click on the yellow square Cause when i do the option for a url pops up but without options.
Its sounds like you are on the right track. Clicking on the yellow box with small mountain image should come up with a box to enter the url. You will then need to right click on that box and click "paste". before you can do this you must copy the image URL, the same way by right clicking and select "Copy image url". Photobucket makes this real easy.

Check here for more details:

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15635

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Its sounds like you are on the right track. Clicking on the yellow box with small mountain image should come up with a box to enter the url. You will then need to right click on that box and click "paste". before you can do this you must copy the image URL, the same way by right clicking and select "Copy image url". Photobucket makes this real easy.

Check here for more details:

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15635
Ok I'm gonna try it on my computer, I've been trying to do it from my phone.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I run DRs and have a stall. when the tires are cold I still can't mat the pedal or its a smoke show.

I have leave from a dig at partial throttle and roll into the throttle though...and my 1-2 shift is not smoke city as much even on the streets.

just the reality of stalls.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I run DRs and have a stall. when the tires are cold I still can't mat the pedal or its a smoke show.

I have leave from a dig at partial throttle and roll into the throttle though...and my 1-2 shift is not smoke city as much even on the streets.

just the reality of stalls.
Ok that's nice to know. Sounds like i need to just learn my car and and go from there.

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Nitto makes some 20" DR's that would fix the issue, those tires would last as much as the best summer tire available in the dry, and you can drive them in the rain provided you're really careful. I drive my Toyo DR's daily. I got tired of getting screwed up at stoplights if you know what I mean :), I painted my stock 18"s in black, and had a set of 17" GTO wheels with the DR's already on, that I was using only for the track. I got tired of switching the rears , so i'm running the GTO wheels (which I also painted black) in the back with the DR's permanently, considering the Toyo 275/40/17 DR's are only $150 each, and wear seems on par with the Nittos, I can't really complaint about wearing them down, and traction in the street is just awesome.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nitto makes some 20" DR's that would fix the issue, those tires would last as much as the best summer tire available in the dry, and you can drive them in the rain provided you're really careful. I drive my Toyo DR's daily. I got tired of getting screwed up at stoplights if you know what I mean :), I painted my stock 18"s in black, and had a set of 17" GTO wheels with the DR's already on, that I was using only for the track. I got tired of switching the rears , so i'm running the GTO wheels (which I also painted black) in the back with the DR's permanently, considering the Toyo 275/40/17 DR's are only $150 each, and wear seems on par with the Nittos, I can't really complaint about wearing them down, and traction in the street is just awesome.
I was thinking about putting them on full time but the driving in the rain made me a bit nervous. Tires for 20s was ranging 250 and up.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey guys what do you think about just adding weight in the trunk or would that do more damage then help?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.