Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed when I did my oil change on Sunday night the whole bottom side of my car was nice and shiny with oil. I dabbed and poked but could not figure out what it was due to dirt and if it was old or fresh.

Went ahead with the oil change as I wanted to make sure it wasnt dark outside when I got done. While I was under the car I started to look for signs of the dreaded oil leak that I plugged up once before. Everything forward of the engine and below the engine is dry. So I keep going changing the oil, getting a sample, and finely I got to change the filter and out of the corner of my eye I see a drip and I dab it with a paper towel. Bright cherry red...

This drip was on the far back end of the car on the passenger side right before all the fuel lines go under the plastic on the back side. Car just got back from a transmission flush like a month ago. So im pissed and just finish the oil change call the dealership start the service process. (Due to weather it hasn't gone in)

Thing is the trans pan is dry, directly front (engine) and back (drive shaft connection) of the trans is dry. I even looked at what I could on both the left and right sides of the trans and its appears dry. The only thing I noticed was the trans mounts seems to have gotten hot or the just flake over time

But it is all down the fuel lines/heat shields on the passenger side of the car, and all over the back side of the car in a nice coating of oil. It is leaking enough to leave a spot on the driveway (maybe 2-5 drops every 6-8 hours).

Where is it leaking from and what could it be?

Did check the steering fluid and its not the same clear red that's all over the underside of the car. Also traced the fuel lines but then they go up in the trans area they are dry. Also did wipe it off, and it did come back.

·
Registered
790 Posts
They lilkely overfilled it and now that we have warmer weather it is coming out the overflow tube. It is in the area you are describing. It should stop when the level drops enough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.