Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well like the title says fellas, I am looking for trans options. Mine is starting to slip and I know it's only a matter of time before it just lets go...

I am looking for new or used, built or stock. Either way if anyone has anything let me know...Thanks everybody

·
two lane black top
1,549 Posts
ive seen manual swaps done on gt's it may be costly tho. and if u wanna stick to auto, id agree to srg963

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
I agree with srg963. The car would be down longer, but I think that would be the way to go. Of possibly buy a core trans off of camaro5, I see them pretty often for cheap, have that one built. Swap it ito your car and sell your trans as a core to the next guy.
Just my .02
Sorry to hear yours is going out. Who's your tuner?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Has there been a 100% successful/all problems resolved manual swap? last couple times I read the various posts about them there were problems they were still trying to figure out.

·
two lane black top
1,549 Posts
i know that there have actually been some successful ones to my knowledge but not alotta people have actually said it. only one case i kno has been documented

http://www.g8board.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37686

but ive read of another handful of people with a proper manual swap i just cant think of their usernames

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
my g8 came with a factory power train warranty of 10 years or 100k miles, you might wanna look into that the repair may be covered by your factory power train warranty. i know my rear main seal oil leak was covered.

·
Premium Member
9,088 Posts
Nice idea, but with his TVS on there, it might be a problem utilizing the factory warranty. Although, I have heard of some modification friendly dealerships. In the long run, it's far better to have it re-built with stronger internals, especially if he is looking for more power and plans to keep the car for a long time.

·
Capital City G8
3,219 Posts
I have an extra trans from when mine went. It has to be opened up and checked out. It has a 6l90 input carrier and the updated stator. Clutches have very little miles on them, but as I stated earlier they have to be checked out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.