Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had my V-6 G8 for a year. It's an 09 with less than 60xxx miles and during slow acceleration it hesitates to shift into overdrive until between 4k-5k RPM's. Another time it was revving up but going no where like the clutch was halfway depressed (even though it's an auto). The Shop says my torque converter is slipping. My question is; Is this a common problem? And do you really have to replace the whole transmission like they shop said, costing 4k?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Could be the torque convertor. Have you tried over filling trans fluid by 1-1.5qts and or doing drain and fill?
I had the same symptoms which eventually led to rear wheels locking up while coming to a stop, cel showed one of the solenoids stuck open in the tcm/valve body. Some of Clutch packs were shot which led to the trans fail... Replaced w/GM Reman

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
If it is the torque convertor then you only need to replace it not the whole transmission. You do have to remove the transmission to remove and replace the torque convertor. New torque convertor is 320$ and labor likely 2x that. It's not a 4K job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts