Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking to get rid of all the chrome on the car, well attempt to, Ive called multiple places; Auto Zone, Napa, Advanced Auto, Car Quest, Oreilys, Home Depot and nobody has anything. All I am looking for is some vinyl trim tape, preferably like a flat black I need the 1.5 inch I believe for the stuff around the windows and I think i recall seeing someone say a 2.5-3 inch for that back window. If anyone knows where I can get some decent sized rolls of this stuff that would be appreciated, Thank you.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Here is the best stuff on the planet. Not sure if the mods will let me post but here goes. PM me if needed. I got some here for my BMW and it's awesome.

http://shadowlinetrim.com/

·
Registered
40 Posts
I also bought the blackout tape on Amazon and not put it on yet. I see too many opportunities to do a bad job and then having sticky residue left over after I remove it.

·
Mack
1,000 Posts
Goo gone or WD40 will take it off easily. I want to do mine too but have been too lazy. I know it'll look good.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys I appreciate the help!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Here is the best stuff on the planet. Not sure if the mods will let me post but here goes. PM me if needed. I got some here for my BMW and it's awesome.

http://shadowlinetrim.com/
Shadowline tape is very easy to use. I messed up multiple times and just peeled it off and started over. There is no sticky residue and it pulls off and reapplies easily. It is great stuff and I highly recommend.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
If it's on for quite sometime, the tape doesn't want to just peel right off. It will come off in tiny pieces at a time. When removing mine, I took a hair dryer to it and it peeled right off.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
G8 fiend
1,245 Posts
trim brite is the other stuff ppl use and well most places are usually out of stock u can grab it on amazon

holy crap thats pricey trim shadow stuff

on a side note what do ppl use matt or gloss for trim tape?

·
Registered
253 Posts
OP, I used the trim brite tape off amazon, just do a search for trim brite on amazon. It's much much cheaper than the shadowline mentioned by someone else and the results are good.

I see you're in chicago, I'm out in the burbs (Palatine) if you'd like to see the results...

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
How did you handle the curves with this tape?

OP, I used the trim brite tape off amazon, just do a search for trim brite on amazon. It's much much cheaper than the shadowline mentioned by someone else and the results are good.

I see you're in chicago, I'm out in the burbs (Palatine) if you'd like to see the results...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used the shadowline stuff. I love how it turned out. Very easy to work with - stretchy and forgiving. I used 4 inch so I had no issue with the rear trim curve.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts