Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2nd place is 1st loser...
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone has looked into this or not, but is there anything in the process or being discussed about making out hoods true ram airs? Instead of just for looks but make it functional as well. I would assume either a new hood would have to be built or some serious body work to the stock hood. Anything?

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
I don't know if anyone has looked into this or not, but is there anything in the process or being discussed about making out hoods true ram airs? Instead of just for looks but make it functional as well. I would assume either a new hood would have to be built or some serious body work to the stock hood. Anything?
I have looked at the hood scoops, and the do have inlets on the underside. I would think that if you take the plugs out and put some mesh in there, it would open them up. Don't know if there is enough room under there to put plumbing in, but I'm sure someone is already working on it.

mac

·
Master Sheep Hurdler
1,611 Posts
Someone posted that according to the engineers, our hood scoops are in a low pressure area of the hood, i.e. not conducive to ram air. It was in one of the other threads where this was discussed.

·
Leadfoot
513 Posts
Someone posted that according to the engineers, our hood scoops are in a low pressure area of the hood, i.e. not conducive to ram air. It was in one of the other threads where this was discussed.
Pontiac claims that they are in a low pressure area, but its nothing that flaring out the intakes couldnt cure.

To answer though, check out this site, they are offering the CAI intake which, if you read their description, you will see that they are working on a functional RAM air unit that will be compatible with it.

http://www.lmspeed.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=87

·
Leadfoot
513 Posts
the guys doing the work on my g8 are thinking of fabbing-up something functional...
Cool! Post pics n stuff when you have it functional!

·
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cause that would be awesome and add some HP easily and keep the engine a bit cooler to get fresh air flowin in there. Prob going to be expensive as a mofo

·
Big Bad Orange!
768 Posts
The vents are already open to allow cool outside air to blow down on the engine. Not sure how much air actually gets in, but they are open.

·
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
really? i thought they were blocked off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
jimmyban
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing