Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last year I had put some work in to the G8. Kooks long tube headers, kooks x-pipe, CAI, DOD delete, and cam. When I had done all this I had kept in mind that this car was still my daily and put in a relatively mild cam to keep good street manners and not need to change out the torque converter. But now it's just my weekend car and am looking to boost up some numbers. I'm thinking a 3.45 diff, a converter, and bigger cam. My goal would be to hit 450 at the wheels, I'm wondering if that's possible with just these upgrades and what cam/stall suggestions. I'm still fairly new to upgrading performance on cars so any input is much appreciated, just trying to do this the right way without going forced induction.

·
every village has one
2,379 Posts
Leave your cam, diff, and stall alone and find a nice LSA setup.
Forced induction is your friend.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Leave your cam, diff, and stall alone and find a nice LSA setup.
Forced induction is your friend.
I guess I don't so much have a problem with going forced induction. But that seems like a lot more work in building the engine to handle it and supporting mods to make it work like fuel pump, injectors, ect. Maybe I'm wrong but that's why I'm here to learn. Lol

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Heads & cam with supporting mods (headers, intake, TB, etc.) will make 450+ whp. The big unknowns are your cam specs and your tuner. Those will make all the difference. But of course it begs the question, why are you chasing an arbitrary dyno number rather than a specific performance metric? 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile, trap speed, 60-130, etc.?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heads & cam with supporting mods (headers, intake, TB, etc.) will make 450+ whp. The big unknowns are your cam specs and your tuner. Those will make all the difference. But of course it begs the question, why are you chasing an arbitrary dyno number rather than a specific performance metric? 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile, trap speed, 60-130, etc.?
Well because I've never raced it before mostly. But it is something I'd like to get in to now that the car isn't the daily, so you're absolutely right I should be changing the perspective I approach this at.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
To the OP. List your cam specs. Then dyno your car now to see where you are at. Then an intelligent suggestions can be made

1 - 7 of 7 Posts