BOOOOOOOOOOST
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Preview.

Some pictures in the sun:

·
OGOC Member
773 Posts
Nice! I've had my eye on these, too. Details (sizes, etc) and more pics coming??

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Are those 18's?

I see you're local. There's a G8 meet this Sunday afternoon. Let me know if you might be interested.

·
BOOOOOOOOOOST
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice! I've had my eye on these, too. Details (sizes, etc) and more pics coming??

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
19x8 up front. 19x9.5 in the back (going on tomorrow after I raise the rear with some new springs). 245s in front, 275s in back.

·
Registered
226 Posts
those are 19? man they look more like 18's lol.

I like them. but seems small

·
BOOOOOOOOOOST
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's just the wheel gap. I don't like my car slammed (it ****ing scrapes enough as is).

·
BOOOOOOOOOOST
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now that I am looking at the car, I think the Nittos are taller than a stock tire.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
No?

·
BOOOOOOOOOOST
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Possibly. I don't want 20" wheels, though.

·
Premium Member
1,671 Posts
For some reason, they just don't look that big in 19's. As others have said, they look like 18's. Perhaps it is because the spokes do not travel the entire diameter of the wheel?

·
Sarcasm Personified
3,900 Posts
It looks good, my only suggestion is now dress up the brakes some since they are exposed more than they were with stock wheels. Time to pull out caliper paint! Also looking forward to seeing more pics. Good choice though nice to see something different.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Id have to see the whole car in order to make a judgement since I like those wheels so much. At the moment, im afraid to even see what an 18 would look like

·
BOOOOOOOOOOST
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's an optical illusion.

They are the same size as the stock 19s (since they are 19s). The spokes do travel most of the width of the wheel. It's just that my car is stock height up front (and won't be lowered). So if the car was lowered, they would fill up more of the wheel well. Also the Nitto NT05s seem almost a full inch taller than the stock tires (I was comparing them at my house). I was pretty surprised to see the size difference. So on a lower profile tire, I think you'd see less of the "optical illusion" as well.

Here are some full car shots. You have to keep in mind that my car's rear is now raised about 2.5" from what the stock height is (mainly to fit a taller drag tire in the back).

It creates another optical illusion where the rear wheel looks a tad smaller than the front. But this is solely due to the giant wheel gap that exists in the back, now (like I said -- about 2.5" above stock).

On a lowered car, the wheels would look better. But any wheel ever will look better on a lowered car. Mine is more function over form, though, so I need to keep the front stock height and the rear raised.

·
BOOOOOOOOOOST
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also, sorry for the ****ty shots. My parking garage is not the most well lit place and I forgot how bad the iPhone is in low light.

·
BOOOOOOOOOOST
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It looks good, my only suggestion is now dress up the brakes some since they are exposed more than they were with stock wheels. Time to pull out caliper paint! Also looking forward to seeing more pics. Good choice though nice to see something different.
That's coming this summer. I need new brakes, anyway. Going to do new rotors that won't rust to crap and paint the calipers. Not sure what color, though.

·
OGOC Member
773 Posts
It's an optical illusion.

They are the same size as the stock 19s (since they are 19s). The spokes do travel most of the width of the wheel. It's just that my car is stock height up front (and won't be lowered). So if the car was lowered, they would fill up more of the wheel well. Also the Nitto NT05s seem almost a full inch taller than the stock tires (I was comparing them at my house). I was pretty surprised to see the size difference. So on a lower profile tire, I think you'd see less of the "optical illusion" as well.

Here are some full car shots. You have to keep in mind that my car's rear is now raised about 2.5" from what the stock height is (mainly to fit a taller drag tire in the back).

It creates another optical illusion where the rear wheel looks a tad smaller than the front. But this is solely due to the giant wheel gap that exists in the back, now (like I said -- about 2.5" above stock).

On a lowered car, the wheels would look better. But any wheel ever will look better on a lowered car. Mine is more function over form, though, so I need to keep the front stock height and the rear raised.
OK, those full car shots are closer to the look I had in my head (minus the rear end lift, of course). Still, if you stare at it long enough, you can start to feel like the wheel's lip contributes to that 'smaller' illusion.

I've been battling with myself: 19's vs. 20's :confused:. I like the look of 20's, but my G8's a DD (from May to November), so trying to avoid 20's if I can.

You're saying the NT05's are taller; what's the aspect ratio on yours ? Is that 245/40/19 front, 275/35/19 rear?

Hoep you can add some outdoor/daylight pics.

thx

·
BOOOOOOOOOOST
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep. 245/40/19 up front. Just the typical variance in actual tire height that I see from manufacturer to manufacturer, anyway. But the Nittos are just extra tall (taller than my stock Potenzas and taller than the Generals that I had on the stock 19s). It was a bit odd for sure -- I wasn't expecting the height difference.

ANd yeah. 275/35/19s in the rear. Just keep in mind that the tires will rub pretty bad if your car is lowered. Even with the raise springs I did rub on the way back to DC from PA. Although it was a GIGANTIC dip in the road (if anyone knows on I95 right before you pay the toll in MD -- there is a gigantic dip after the bridge!). But other than that, zero rubbing and I can fit 4 fingers between the tire and the wheel well.

I'll try and get some outdoor pics this week. It should be nice all week so that should be no trouble. Probably Wednesday.

·
BOOOOOOOOOOST
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FWIW, the first pic there is really to show just how big of a gap I have between my rear tire and the wheel well (for perspective).

1 - 20 of 28 Posts