Pontiac G8 Forum banner

TSW Nurburgring 18x9.5 installed.

10K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  ActionJack88 
#1 ·
They are 18x9.5 all the way around just like matthewo's setup. I am lowered on Eibachs as well. I went with Nitto nt555 in a 275-40-18. I think they look awesome. And I love having the nice big meats up front it handles like a dream. I cut the rear fenders just in case I might rub, but I have had zero issues with rubbing since I installed them.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks really good, nice and meaty tires. This is why I am torn between 18s and 19s.

Do you find the 275s in the front grab the grooves/wear in the road and tend to pull the car one way or another?

#5 ·
Yes I do notice that it does pull the car a little if there are any ruts in the road that it can grab onto. But it is minimal overall.

#4 ·
I'm not big on 18's, but when done right they can look really good. Nice work, they look great and I've thought about a set of Nurburgrings myself.

#7 ·
Welcome to the club!!

Attachments

#8 ·
Sorry to raise this from the dead, but... ActionJack, do you think you could've gotten away without rolling your fenders with your setup? My setup is going to be FE3's with Eibachs. I'm planning on doing a staggered setup but my rear will be just like yours, 18x9.5 with 275/40-18. I'd love to know in advance if I should plan on rolling my fenders or not. Thanks for any input. Looks great by the way!

#11 ·
You'll rub. :)

#9 ·
Looks beautiful OP! Curious about the rears rubbing without the cutting as well...
This might be my next setup if I end up staying with the 18's.

#10 ·
Im not really sure if they are going to rub with out rolling or cutting the fenders. I just cut mine to be on the safe side. But it was a minimal amount that I cut off about 1/3rd of an inch max.

#14 ·
I used to poo poo 18's. Now that I realize I have crap for traction with 20's I wish I had 18's LOL. Lookin' good bro!! Stance on Eibachs is spot on too.

#16 ·
They should be 18x9.5" +40et all around. No spacer needed on front, roll needed on rear fender to prevent rub.

#18 ·
The rim i have an option to get are 18x9.5 +43 offset all four. I can get spacer made 3mm 4mm or 5mm for the front. Based on ur experience should i go 4 or 5 mm to bring the offset down to either +39 or +38???? Or +40 works without any issues. I dont want it to stick out but also do t want to touch inner suspension. Anyone who has done this please let me know ur experiences with doing this

#20 · (Edited)
They are 18x9.5 all the way around just like matthewo's setup. I am lowered on Eibachs as well. I went with Nitto nt555 in a 275-40-18.

Another option is to get 275/35-19. Shrink the sidewall a little, and things rub a lot less.
Didn't know 19" tires fitted on 18" rims

Please read the thread, especially the first post.

Good idea of a larger profile tyre, if possible without throwing out the speedo

#22 ·
??? TSW doesn't offer the Nurburgring in a +35et on a 5x120 18x9.5" wheel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.