Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Senior Member Mike
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to pull the trigger on 18x9.5 TSW Nurburgrings and Cooper Zeon RS 18/40/275s -on all four corners. Woo Hoo!

- My vehicle is not lowered, and riding on stock struts.
- I do not think I need to roll my fenders.

The only thing I may need are some spacers to push the rears out a bit to match the fronts. Is this accurate?

Any additional good coupon codes for Discount Tire out there?

Anything else I need to consider?

Thanks!

·
Senior Member Mike
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
737 Posts
damn good luck man post pics up when you finish it. i wanna do 275 all around aswell

·
Senior Member Mike
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm I now see that the DTD website shows a 35 offset. Hmmm is this good or bad?

·
Senior Member Mike
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just checked Matthewo's set-up and he used a 40 offset. I do not think he had any issues.

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
Offset's are the problem I keep running into. +35 is good for the front, but the rear really needs a +45 or higher offset.

You could go with a larger wheel (20) and get a +48 on the rear

This would work great IMO:
Nurburgring 20X9 5-120 35MGM
Nurburgring 20X9.5 5-120 48MGM

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
+35 will be pushing it with 9.5s. +45 would be better.

·
Senior Member Mike
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ahhyaa! LOL Thanks Shawn...

I thought this was going to be simple :)

So...if I want a a squared set-up with 18x9.5s, not rolled, which offset would be good for all four corners. I have (2) 5mm spacers that could be utilized.

I would like to be able to rotate the tires. I know...old fashioned. :)

·
Its Good To Be Tha King
9,064 Posts
There's not an offset good for all 4 corners with the same width wheel, at least none that I've found.

To run 275's all around, you would...
Need a 9" wide for the front at +35 offset
Need a 9" or a 9.5" wide wheel for the rear at +45 to +50 offset (or higher).

and a 9" wide wheel for the rear would possibly work at a +40 offset.

·
Senior Member Mike
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Just an FYI, discounttiredirect on ebay has $25 off $200 or $50 off $400 on tires right now.

$410 is 2 rears in 275/40/18, so I'll probalby pick up a set of Coopers RS3-S for $360.

·
Senior Member Mike
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey there,

Was busy this afternoon and evening so I am finally catching up.

So the consensus seems to be that I will need +45 offset (minimum) for both front and rear, and then I could use the 5mm spacers for the fronts?

Would this be ok?

Just trying to lock this down. Matthewo? you out there with an opinion?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
+45 square works great from everything I have read and seen, with a 3-5mm spacer up front to clear the strut with 275s all around.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
the front is good with 35-42ish and 275 tire. so imo 40mm for the front on a 9.5 wheel is just about perfect for max size tire up front. anything less then 40mm makes the front wheel look a little bulkly.

i wouldnt go more offset in the rear then the front. (larger number). if anything i think the rears should stick out a tiny bit more then the front, but that runs into issues because without rolling you have more clearance in the front for lower offset.

i didnt think a 5mm spacer was a good idea with stock studs. but thats just because i could only get 4 1/2 turns on the lug and thats less then the stud diameter.

i still think the 275mm 9.5 with 40mm offset squared is the best option really without getting into custom sizes or using spacers. i guess optimal might be 41 or 42 for a 9.5 wheel to use the most interior space up front, but that cuts it close to the strut. the rear is very close at 40mm to the outer fender and will probably depend on the tire used. i ran 9.5 with 275 in 35mm in the rear with stock suspension and hardly rubbed, not rolled. so an extra 5mm should make it clear. but imo its still a good setup even if you might have to do a very slight fender roll.

ask screamin gxp i think is his name. he did the setup with 9.5 all around no rolled fenders

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 20 of 42 Posts