Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone! Im looking to get a tune and a cai and i was just wondering at my elevation (over 6000 ft.) if one tune/intake is better for this altitude then the other? Also... is there any place in the Salt Lake or Denver area i can take it to get a tune?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
PM Jlasti...she might have a CAI 4 sale.
As for tunes Clint at american intense racing, or the folks at colo performance unlimited and also corvette connection all have good reputations.....

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey everyone! Im looking to get a tune and a cai and i was just wondering at my elevation (over 6000 ft.) if one tune/intake is better for this altitude then the other? Also... is there any place in the Salt Lake or Denver area i can take it to get a tune?
I got over 15 rear wheel horses from the Vararam and Scott at US Performance in Loveland is doing my tuning with HP Tuners. He is resonable and a little closer to Wyoming.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Went with the roto fab

I just ordered my roto fab last Friday. I was on the fence for a while over vararam and roto. Went with roto because i like the looks and the quality seems better. Please let me know how your tune goes i might be heading to loveland to get mine done if yours turns out well. Thanks again for the info!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I just ordered my roto fab last Friday. I was on the fence for a while over vararam and roto. Went with roto because i like the looks and the quality seems better. Please let me know how your tune goes i might be heading to loveland to get mine done if yours turns out well. Thanks again for the info!
I hear the Roto Fab is really nice, I haven't had any problems with the VaraRam and got good results for the buck.

My tune has been ongoing and I am very happy with it. I Scot at US Performance put my Livernois cam kit in last week and without a retune I'm at 402hp at the rear. I ran 12:85 @ 107mph at Julesburg yesterday and still got 23mpg driving there and back with no AFM anymore.

If you come down to US Performance let me know the date and time and I'll try to come by.

·
Juice Addict
469 Posts
I have a Vector tune and Vararam, and pretty happy with it. Especially being able to email back and forth with Kirk to dial in the tune. Takes longer, but I can flash back to stock if I need to take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Vector

I have a Vector tune and Vararam, and pretty happy with it. Especially being able to email back and forth with Kirk to dial in the tune. Takes longer, but I can flash back to stock if I need to take it to the dealer.

I have been trying to decide between a vector tune or just trying a cortex. Im probably going to go with a vector.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts