Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Facebook Moderator
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
So for the past couple weeks i have been secretly working with MACE Engineering.
2 Days ago i received my tune in the mail!
The tune they offer changes TCM (trans) and ECM (engine)
the cable from them is made by trifecta and it works on our G8s.

So far with my tune, I can rev in Park and Neutral upto ~6200RPM and my new driving redline is at ~7000 RPM, yes thats 50MPH in 1st hehe
car runs a lot smoother now and the pick up is much better. I'm going to re-do my exhaust and send them more data logs so they can work on making a better tune.
There tune also offers a Ghost Cam so it sounds cammed via the VVT and valve phasing..

I paid about $545 shipped def. worth it for they are MASTERS with the Alloytec/SIDI 3.6 Engine. They are developing a cam set up for our engines..

a couple links

"Mace Engineering Group"

MACE Tune Review

MACE Cam Development

you can thank me again for being a lab rat :)

·
Premium Member
4,210 Posts
^ Nice find! There arent alot of tuning options out there for the V6 folks. If you can attract enough people to MACE see if they will make you their free test dummy for future updates!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Awesome job Hazer!!!

Question: what made you go with MACE as opposed to Trifecta. Both are mail order tunes and you are even using Trifecta's cable? Trifecta has the ghost cam feature too. The price is now $260. I don't mind spending the extra money. I just want to know what I'm spending it for ;)

Thanks again for paving the way forward for us v6ers.

-Dennis-

·
Capital City G8
1,555 Posts
I'm glad to see that we have V6ers out there going the extra mile to look for performance mods for us. Great job Hazer. Subscribed to updates.

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
This is epic for us V6ers and some very good information as well. I'm subscribing as well for future updates!!!

·
Facebook Moderator
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome job Hazer!!!

Question: what made you go with MACE as opposed to Trifecta. Both are mail order tunes and you are even using Trifecta's cable? Trifecta has the ghost cam feature too. The price is now $260. I don't mind spending the extra money. I just want to know what I'm spending it for ;)

Thanks again for paving the way forward for us v6ers.

-Dennis-

MACE Engineering because,
they know our engines best, They are working on cams for us, they made plenum insulators for us, they are well known in AU for their tune and Steve is just the best person ever! he walked me through everything never gave me an answer for no!
plus I'm waiting for my tune to break in, for E85 capability :)

I could say i own the World's Fastest G8 V6 :)

·
Facebook Moderator
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
haha i will have to!!

I'm very excited for the Ghost Cam too!!!
and will post a vid soon as i get it hehehe probably next week

·
Registered
864 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
I could say i own the World's Fastest G8 V6 :)[/QUOTE]
Don't get ahead of your self Mr Chicago . Youngstown was called LITTLE Chicago for a reason, Because when it needed to get done WE GOT THE CALL...................:driving: LOL'

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hazer, thanks for doing all the research on this tune.

I can't wait to hear the ghost cam idle as well.

·
Registered
516 Posts
suscribed

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Need some baseline and after tune #s to compare!!

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
I know the V6 guys have been waiting to hear this for a while. Great Job, can't wait to hear the performance gains.

·
Facebook Moderator
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys, and Dan, the cable is yes a OBD-II to USB, but im not sure if the program supports it you will have to find out

but anyways, i was at a red light and floored it to 60 the launch is just perfect holds gears like a champ!!

·
I can haz cheesburger?
329 Posts
Lets go line em up man you can get a baseline vs a stock GT. Should let you guys know where you stand. Btw his car sounds sick, just heard it a few days ago.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts