Pontiac G8 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 102 Posts
cannot wait to see this...

Discussion starter · #23 ·
Lets go line em up man you can get a baseline vs a stock GT. Should let you guys know where you stand. Btw his car sounds sick, just heard it a few days ago.
haha thanks!! i actually did race a GT this weekend, i kept up for a bit but he didnt kill me.. strong pulls for sure!

Bad news though. Ghost Cam doesnt work with the LY7 :(

haha thanks!! i actually did race a GT this weekend, i kept up for a bit but he didnt kill me.. strong pulls for sure!
Any Video? Details on the GT? Stock/mods/...?

Bad news though. Ghost Cam doesnt work with the LY7 :(
Now that sucks. I was looking forward to hearing it. What did mace have to say on that front?

-Dennis-

Yeah I was really looking forward to listening to that myself that kinda sucks...

Does the LY7 have VVT? Can't remember...

I know it lacks the DI that the LLT has correct?

Guys not trying to sound like a jerk here, but the ghost cam stuff on the mustangs is a joke. A guy that i work with has one tuned. really if you want the cammed sound cam it. I would also suggest 8 cylinders if your going to that exspense.

Thanks Hazer. Can't wait to see the HP/Torque gains.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Ok so i'm trying to get on a dyno this weekend, going to see the gains.. Remember my Dyno running lean with no cats headers etc. was 230whp

I am also very interested in this tune and see how it turns out. I do have one question. Do you know right now will this tune help out with normal daily driving, or is it only a WOT Tune? Thanks.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
helps with everything!
Cam timing, fueling and ignition

cant wait to see the progress in this! hazers the man

Ghost cam FTL. Why purposely "F" up the tune to make it rough and uneven. Might as well put Type R stickers and a fart cannon on the back.
It won't fool anyone.

Hazer, do what I did. I get comments all the time asking if I have a cam in it. I always reply "yeah, the stock one". I have a Solo V1 catback with J-pipes welded in and cats replaced by straight pipes.

WOW!
Sounds like some progress has finally been made. Good luck to you guys with this one. Hope it works out better than the trifecta tune which it sounds like it is.

Like they say, one step at a time. You've got one now so keep working it.
Good luck.

I gotta ask why would you want to remove the park/neutral rev limiter? For revving/making noise etc? Is there something else I'm missing?

That's all well/good I guess but it is there for a reason fellas...6k+ rpm for brief periods isn't the end of the world when driving hard but it is a LOT more to ask of an engine with neutral/zero load...(after updating engine code on *ahem* another OEMs new V6 we had to neutral rev to 6K rpm to clear adaptive memory after flashing...another brilliant base calibrator's idea...soon after we recode-named this V6 'the firecracker' lol)...

I will say that was NOT a GM engine so maybe you'll be fine...but just sayin :)

No matter how cool you think it sounds revving your engine in neutral, it's a really stupid idea on a DOHC setup. The LY7 timing chain configuration is one of the most complicated I've seen, and the chains get stretched under normal load (there's a TSB on it and it's a well known but as-yet unfixed issue by GM, I've had my chains replaced twice now). The chains will stretch even easier revving to 4k in Neutral, and I assume that this would be further exacerbated at 6k. With no load on the chains you are really asking for trouble.

21 - 40 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.