Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere that a couple of guys have done this. Just looking for some thoughts on the pros and cons. Also, how would I go about this in HP Tuners if I decide to do it.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine shifts hard now, and I like it that way. I don't like how it still seems to have a mind of its own sometime. I want the shifts to be the same every time.

·
HPT Pro Tuner
3,815 Posts
Don't do it, one of the reasons we don't see a lot more carnages in this transmissions due to improper tuning techniques, is the fact that the trans can adapt to a bunch of variables, being able to learn shift pressure and speed to attain certain shift feeling or target shift setup. if you dumb it down disabling the learning, your trans won't last very long. The learning is a needed help/evil depending how you're shift pressure/speed is setup :), for instance, and unrealistic shift speed would make the trans shift erratically among other settings that come with unrealistic lower shift speed.

·
Advanced Member
1,202 Posts
You can do it once the transmission has settled and you have worked it thru all the different down-shifts and up-shifts. I have had luck turning it off with stalled setups since the trans likes to "dumb-down" the shift pressure on stalled setups and there are a few setups where I need all the pressure I can get.

If you are happy with how it is shifting then give it a shot, you can always turn it back on....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts