Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2008 G8 GT
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had been using Turtle Wax Ice car wash soap ever since I tried some my brother had around and liked that it felt a lot soapier/foamier than the cheap-azz Blue Coral $3.99 for a LOT/gallon as the Turtle Wax Ice is like $7 or $8 for 1/2 the amount and I thought it was good stuff and as it is advertised as to not leave any water spots, I was perfectly fine with it.

Now, I'll never be a boutique-mail order, Adams/Zaino-whatever expensive wash/wax there is out there, I'm an off-the WalMart-shelf buyer and want the cheapest I can get that will work the best.

I got a bottle of Meguiars Gold Class and had read somewhere that it was good stuff. I'll agree. I got to try it first and then the Turtle Wax Ice that I used on my truck and the Gold Class was a lot smoother and foamier and felt nicer while washing the GT.

I keep the Blue Coral around for the wheels as to even get the same level of suds/soapiness I'd have to use like double the amount as compared to the other two soaps. At least it was nice out this afternoon and I had the time to finally wash the GT and my truck for like the first time all winter as winter is about done up here in MA.

·
Registered
544 Posts
That's too bad that you say you'll never try our Car Wash Shampoo. I'm confident that you'd be impressed with it.

It's pH neutral, so it won't strip and sealants/wax you may have on your finish. Almost all OTC soaps can't make that claim. That's not to mention it creates a very thick, foamy lather that lasts until you are done washing.

Shoot me a PM if you aren't completely opposed to trying out our stuff. :)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
NXT's wash if you're only going otc, if not Duragloss is really good stuff and cheap. I never liked Meguiars gold, its kinda liquid-y compared to all my other shampoos.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I made the step from Eagle One to Meguires now to Mothers California Caruba Wash & Wax. It is by far the best so far, smells like bubblegum and leaves a nice gloss wet sheen. Its about $8 and worth every penny.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
At the one shop I was at ,I used what was called cherry bubble. Smelled like cherries and only needed a ounce to do the job. Nice and sudsy lol

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
That's too bad that you say you'll never try our Car Wash Shampoo. I'm confident that you'd be impressed with it.

It's pH neutral, so it won't strip and sealants/wax you may have on your finish. Almost all OTC soaps can't make that claim. That's not to mention it creates a very thick, foamy lather that lasts until you are done washing.

Shoot me a PM if you aren't completely opposed to trying out our stuff. :)

Detailing cars on the side for the past 15 years I have learned you get what you pay for.
Been using Adams now for a long time I refuse to go back to any other brand out there. Yeah you spend a little more but the quality of their products I feel are top notch! A gallon of their shampoo lasts a very long time. Most sudsy foamy lather I have ever gotten from any car soap on the market. I have used all that were mentioned. IMO. This shampoo is by far the best one.
Plus Adams gives you a 110% guarantee if your not completely satisfied.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Detailing cars on the side for the past 15 years I have learned you get what you pay for.
Been using Adams now for a long time I refuse to go back to any other brand out there. Yeah you spend a little more but the quality of their products I feel are top notch! A gallon of their shampoo lasts a very long time. Most sudsy foamy lather I have ever gotten from any car soap on the market. I have used all that were mentioned. IMO. This shampoo is by far the best one.
Plus Adams gives you a 110% guarantee if your not completely satisfied.
I completely agree, Adams is worth the lil extra for their products.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
I'll third the notion of Adam's stuff. Plus don't forget about their 110% money back guarantee. If you buy a bottle to try out and aren't happy with it, they will take it back and refund you 110%. That way you can at least give it a try. I know I've been using it since the day I opened the bottle. All of the old stuff I used to use has sat on the shelf for a few years now.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Chemical Guys citrus wash is pretty good and powerful, havent tried their other washes yet.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
been a meguiars gold class buyer for years. never an issue and great results.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
I'm one of the most anal people about washing and detailing my car. Been detailing cars for side work for 15 years. Adams is by far the best stuff I have ever used. Well worth the money hands down. I love the detail spray! Try some and you will understand.

·
Proud owner
1,196 Posts
Thanks a lot OP, you just cost me $70! ;-)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts