Pontiac G8 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am assuming so, do not know for a fact, have not had front apart. I do have a spare front lock assembly, will open up and find out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey guys! The left rear (driver's side rear door) is having issues wherein it will not lock. Coming up with no availability from both dealerships and on-line suppliers for the door lock/actuator module (p/n 92215255). Does anyone know where I can located, or if the Chevrolet SS happens to use the same component? Thanks in advance for any assistance you can send my way. Blessed Thanksgiving to all!

·
Premium Member
5,891 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,891 Posts
Can try Pace Performance or Rock Auto.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Simulated buys from several places seems to indicate that the part is available. Even Amazon has 5 of those OEM units available (if you have about $128 bucks plus tax available)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for the quick responses, guys. Many locations are quoting me 15 days lead time, and this is why I was hoping to find other alternatives. I'll check out Pace & Amazon next. Really appreciate the assistance!

·
Premium Member
5,891 Posts
^^^ Wherever you purchase the lock actuator/door lock, suggest verifying it's in stock (on hand) prior to completing the transaction.

·
Registered
36 Posts
^^^ Wherever you purchase the lock actuator/door lock, suggest verifying it's in stock (on hand) prior to completing the transaction.
Thanks for the advice, PonyMan. Many of the e-tailers I reached out to didn't return calls or their "contact us" forms. So, went with GMPartsDirect and hoping for the best. Zero dealers in my city had this part in stock, and none would even commit to a turnaround time on receipt. The dealerships are up to $180+ for the part....yikes.

·
Premium Member
5,891 Posts
Been there, done that hence a verbal or written verification the part is currently in stock prior to ordering. GMPartsDirect (FLOW) used to charge exorbitant shipping prices and wasn't too satisfied with their handling of a return. However, the return debacle was many moons ago and perchance their policies and practices have changed for the better. Dunno.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello gents - many thanks for the tips & advice. Ordered part from GM Parts Direct on Tues and it arrived on Friday. Swapped out the old lock module with the new and I now have 4 doors that lock again! Thanks to the OP for the thread with pics - very handy. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone -

·
Premium Member
5,891 Posts
Good deal and likewise.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts