Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys go with in the GXPs? my friend has an exedy hyper twin in his GTO that has probably 60k miles on it after he bought it used and it still works great. its seen its share of track time too. one of my vette friends was saying i should check out the RPS street twin and then i see that monster has recently made a street twin disk. I had an exedy hyper single in my cobalt and i actually liked it a fair amount.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
If your going power adder then yes go with a twin but other than that no. A good aftermarket single will be all you will need.

·
HeapBlaster
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If your going power adder then yes go with a twin but other than that no. A good aftermarket single will be all you will need.
I'm not dealing with another chattery single disk. a proper twin disk will drive better and slip better than any single disk. plus the loss in rotating mass is good for those last few horsepower.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Granted I've never ran anything but a centerforce but I've never had any chattery aftermarket clutches in my life. Spec is a half hour from me and have been seriously considering them but I keep hearing about them chatter lol. I'm thinking of staying with what I know.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Textrailia OZ700 single disk. Drives like stock, and you can dump the clutch at 6,000 rpms, on slicks in a 4,000 lb car without an issue. Granted if your axles hold.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I'll be buying a McLeod RXT once I finally buy a clutch.
This.

On my gto after i had some concerns with my monster I ran the rst and loved it!

Otherwise I have friends who run the rps and if you can pony up the extra cash they are really nice :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts