Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at both of these cars as potential purchases...
But I'm wondering if they are too high of mileage for me to feel comfortable getting into a six year commitment for.

I know that, in the grand scheme of things, they aren't very high... but for my life, I'm not sure... I'd prefer a car at 30-40,000 miles, and the 30-40,000 miles difference between what I'd like and what these cars have now is two or three years of life/miles.

So what do y'all think? Both are 09.5. Both White Hot. The first is much closer to home for me than the second, though...

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2015&zip=78610&engineCode=8CLDR&maxPrice=26000&showcaseListingId=0&mmt=[PONT[G8[]][]]&modelCode1=G8&showcaseOwnerId=0&makeCode1=PONT&startYear=2009&engineCodes=8CLDR&firstRecord=51&maxMileage=75000&searchRadius=0&listingId=375707309&Log=0

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?endYear=2015&zip=78610&engineCode=8CLDR&maxPrice=26000&showcaseListingId=0&mmt=[PONT[G8[]][]]&modelCode1=G8&showcaseOwnerId=0&makeCode1=PONT&startYear=2009&engineCodes=8CLDR&firstRecord=51&maxMileage=75000&searchRadius=0&listingId=376783424&Log=0

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I like the first one because of the tinted windows and 19" wheels.

As for mileage, the 60,000 - 70,000 miles on these cars doesn't seem to be very much wear on them, but those sale prices seem to be on the high end.

·
Registered
861 Posts
If you're looking for lower miles, be patient. They do come up, but you have to act quick if they are priced right. Check out the '08 PBM for sale on the other board with 11,000 miles for $24K.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Those prices are a little high. I bought mine with 52,000 miles for 19,500 from a dealer. I love white hot. I got impatient cause there were only like 4 cars for sale around me at all times so my choices were limited. I ended up buying black and I hate black cars. I just think they are such beautiful cars I deal with it. Just be patient and find something you want with the mileage you want.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been emailing a salesman from the dealership that has the second car. According to the CarFax, it's a one-owner car and this is the same dealership that sold it originally - has always been maintained and serviced by them. The salesman claims it has never had any lifter work done and shows no signs of rust (one of my big concerns, as it's in Michigan).
I asked if, given the circumstances, it could be sold as a Certified Pre-Owned, and he says yes it can. That would include a 12/12 bumper-to-bumper and a 24/24 maintenance plan, in addition to reset trials of SiriusXM (I don't care), roadside assistance, and On*.

Assuming I could talk him down a ways, does that sound like a pretty decent deal?

It looks like it does not have the Sport Package, so I'd be missing the "sport pedals," a slightly smaller steering wheel, and 18" wheels... But honestly I hate the factory GT wheels (either version), so those would be changed regardless. And the steering wheel can always be changed later, too.

·
Registered
893 Posts
The pedals are an easy swap also. See how much you can talk them down.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do y'all think I should be worried about rust with the car in Michigan? It should still have some time left on the factory corrosion warranty, but I don't really want to have to mess with that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
zm1040
Pontiac G8 Forum
A community for Pontiac G8 owners and enthusiasts, for all the information on your Pontiac G8 sedan, G8 GT, G8 V6, and G8 GXP. Discuss performance, tech, engine specs, body kits and more!
Full Forum Listing