Pontiac G8 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Charles
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a SC Cortex used/unlocked from a 3rd party. It works fine tuning (already installed a tune on my car), but for the life of me I can't get the SC updater program to work. Anybody else had a problem like this? I've been in contact with Richard over at SC via email, but we didn't find a solution.

The program starts up just fine, but does not respond when I plug the tuner in via USB

The tuner turns on when it's installed, and the computer recognizes it

But it states no drivers are installed. I tried to install a driver from there, and this is what I get:

So I went to the program folder and tried to install the drivers manually using DPInst.

This is the result:

So that's where I'm stuck. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the program a few times. I've disabled virus scan/firewall while installing and running the program. I'm currently running Windows 7 64 bit. Richard suggested I try it on another computer, but I don't have one handy that I can install programs on. He also suggested I set up an RMA, but I'm not sure how that'll go down since I'm not the original purchaser.

Does anyone here have a copy of the installation files for a previous version of this program they'd be willing to share?

·
Charles
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nothing?

I tried to install the program on an old box I have running Windows XP but it wouldn't even install.

Richard at SC is still convinced it is an issue with the tuner and wants me to send it in for RMA. Honestly I have no doubt it's not the tuner since it's the software that isn't installing properly on either computer I've tried it on.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have that same problem. But I have a 2950 that was working with the old software. It would not upgrade with the new sparks software. I was successful loading it on a windows xp box. Most likely a driver issue. My windows 7/64 hangs just installing the software. Never gets to the driver install. Superchips went backwards on this one.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I'm not sure why you are doing this. (trying to get an add-on?)

But be aware that the tuner files for the G8 have not been updated for some years now. (Although files for other vehicles have been added)

i.e. If you are trying to get a later version of a G8 tune, then you will be out of luck.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You don't happen to have the install file for the older version, do you?
I don't have the install file for the older version. I'm quite sure that Superchips has removed all parts of the older superchips program. Sorry!!

·
Charles
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not sure why you are doing this. (trying to get an add-on?)

But be aware that the tuner files for the G8 have not been updated for some years now. (Although files for other vehicles have been added)

i.e. If you are trying to get a later version of a G8 tune, then you will be out of luck.
If I ever decide to get a CAI, I'd like to get the tune for it as well.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I know this is an old thread but i'm thinking of picking up a super chip cortex 2950 used. is there anything I should know or be looking for it has all necessary cables... reading the thread I figure its out of new updates, Im getting it for about $120 is it worth it? or should I look into a different one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I FOUND THE FIX FINALLY!!!! After hours and hours of using a windows 7 vm and messing around with windows 10 i found the fix guys!!!!! You need to go to a website called Internet Archive: Wayback Machine then put the superchips website in. Then travel back in time i think its 2012 and load a page from that time. After superchips website from 2012 is loaded scroll down tell you see the internet updates. Install that and then go to the directory and find where superchips spark was installed. Usually Program files x86 then you shall see a superchips folder and then Easy update folder. Click on Easy update folder then click drivers folder. U just need these drivers to fix all your issues!!! Click on dpinsrx64 or x86 if your on an old computer. Then let it install! Once installed you will have 2 check marks and it will say device working properly. now your free to open the new spark and update!!! Your welcome everyone!!! Also your cortex tuner will say usb port mode or something. So excited i have a long update to install lol i don't think mine was ever updated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts