Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Below are all the mods done to my G8 GT, it's currently pushing 410whp up here in Colorado Springs (6,000ft+ above sea level) and I was thinking of upgrading my cam and torque converter to get some more HP outta her (hoping to get near 500whp but I'm not strict on numbers or anything). What would you guys recommend for a cam and TC?

Mods:

Forged 6.6L (403 ci) stroker

Fly cut piston rings

MLS Head gasket

ARP head studs

Pinned crank

10.5:1 CR

Heads milled .006

LS3 hollow stem intake valves

Bowls blended

Comp rocker trunnion upgrade

LS7 lifters

TSP custom cam (222/230 114 LSA.600/.61 5) with TSP dual valve springs

6L80 transmission has an upgraded pan and filter, 2600 circle D converter and a GXP trans cooler

Rotofab CAI

SLP long tube headers with high flow cats

Corsa catback exhaust

Camaro 3.45 rear end with LSD

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Change to Johnson lifters, add LSA intake and zl1 convertor.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
On the serious side, I'd contact PatG and pay his $25 consultation fee. He has years hands on experience on this platform. Much better advise than a bunch of forum and/or facebook hacks, myself included.

·
Registered
504 Posts
You may want to consider head porting work or aftermarket heads. As discussed above, a reputable builder will be extremely helpful.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Look at GPI they have some high number builds. I was going to go with their SS3 cam but ended up going with Cam Motion Titan King. Should have it installed in few months.
I currently have RCR street master spec cam with ZL1 converter made 408/410 but I have aftermarket heads and after talking to me people it was suggested to go bigger cam or back to factory heads I'm gonna try bigger cam.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts