Pontiac G8 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been long awaited, and long overdue, but it's finally here!!

To complement our already very successful line of LS based turbo kits (C5, C6, GTO, Camaro), we decided to move with the G8.

We now have a complete turbo kit, available with our UPP 5876R Ball Bearing turbos (comp to a GT30R) or upgradeable to our UPP 6182R Ball Bearing (comp to a GT35R) turbos.

This is a bottom mount kit, designed to work with your factory headers, or with any factory fit shorty headers. The kit is pretty much direct bolt on with minimal modification to the factory setup. It comes complete with everything you need, including injectors. The only thing we do not provide is the tune, because we really don't believe in the "cookie cutter" one-size fits all kinda thing.

The base 5876 turbos are good for ~1100whp, and the upgraded turbos are good for ~1400whp. With our R&D vehicle we easily achieved 550whp with only 6psi. Once we removed the factory exhaust on 8psi it shot up over 630whp.

We designed the kit with performance in mind, so 3" down pipes are standard. Because of this we do recommend a full 3" exhaust to complement the kit and let it breath to its full potential.

Pricing: $6399.99

Pricing until July 4th: $5899.99

You can check out more info here:

And you can see the VIDEO INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS here:

And as always if you have any questions, just drop us an email here: [email protected]

or call us at : 719-575-0202

Attachments

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
What is your option for the auto cars? That wastegate setup doesn't look like it'll fit any gt's or auto Gxp cars.

I know space is tight on my garage built kit.
Agree, looks like a nice kit and good price but those wastegates are not going to clear the auto trans and pan. Maybe they have a vband connection so they can be rotated?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I made a skid plate for the wastegates.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Subd for my info as I need a next summer mod that is so far going to be a procharger... but this is interesting.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow this is very interesting. Hope all the pieces can fit on a GT because the price is right!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Kudos to you guys for making an installation video. Sometimes instructions can be a bit hard to decifer.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If someone would like to donate their GT to the cause I can make sure these will fit, and make any changes necessary. I really didn't think the autos would be that much bigger, and there is actually alot of wiggle room with the wastegates/up-pipes in terms of side/side movement for alignment purposes.

CK

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Kudos to you guys for making an installation video. Sometimes instructions can be a bit hard to decifer.
Yea, we got that same response with the vette kits. Originally they were paper instructions, and apparently I can't write instructions very clearly! They made sense to me, but then I'm the one that designed the kit, so I already know how it goes. Video just seemed like a much better easier, clearer idea.

CK

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
If someone would like to donate their GT to the cause I can make sure these will fit, and make any changes necessary. I really didn't think the autos would be that much bigger, and there is actually alot of wiggle room with the wastegates/up-pipes in terms of side/side movement for alignment purposes.

CK
its way different, biggest thing is getting around the bellhousing. pm me and we can email back and forth i'll show you my build.

EDIT: thanks tony for the side by side
VVVVVVVV

·
Registered
331 Posts

CK
I'd love to if I knew when I was heading up to visit the in-laws again. I know I've seen a few members from the springs on here. So, I'm sure someone would be willing to let you use their car.

·
Registered
517 Posts
A lot of us run the Kooks LTs. Is there no way that this kit can be fitted to those? Love the looks of this kit, btw!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
A lot of us run the Kooks LTs. Is there no way that this kit can be fitted to those? Love the looks of this kit, btw!
No, you'd have to ditch the LT's, but if you're really after that header look/flow the shorties should bolt right in. The Doug Thorley ones have already been tested.

CK

·
Registered
716 Posts
Awesome ck! Hopefully I will have the cash soon :)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts